I'm back, but different

This is a discussion on I'm back, but different within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Glad to meet you! From a new guy in Michigan....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: I'm back, but different

Glad to meet you! From a new guy in Michigan.
    Never challenge an old man, because if you lose, you’ve lost to an old man, and if you win, so what?

2. Remove Ads

Sorry for your loss. Hang in there.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    My thoughts are with you and your family. Dont give up Tala when you dont feel as if you can carry your burdens anymore lean on christ for he will bear the burden and lead you through this dark time.
    WHEC724, phreddy and ANGLICO like this.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Senior Moderator
    Welcome back, I hope the new year treats you better than the old
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

My condolences on the loss of your Mom. Sounds like you have had a tough year but you have already proven that you are a strong person and you will do fine.

VIP Member
    Welcome back Tala. My condolences. It will get better, but you will still miss her some times.

Prayers on the way.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Sorry for the loss of your Mother. Try to get over the jealousy of your sister being pregnant. Be the best aunt you can be. There will be times in your neice's/nephew's life that you might be closer to them than they are to their parents. Keep your head up. You never know what God has in store for you! One day you might want to consider adoption. There is a lot more to being a parent than just the biological part.

Welcome back Tala, sorry for your loss. I know everyone says it but, it will get easier with time. Been there myself, God Bless and visit here when you need to clear your head and be with friends.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss and you have my deepest condolences. It's hard to move on sometimes but change can also be a good thing if it's made by controlled decisions. The news regarding your mother put a lump in my throat and brought back the day I found out my mother had passed.. Something about the loss of the person that actually brought you into the world I guess.Anyway, glad you're back and to hear you're moving forward. Take care of yourself, and congrats on the new job and school. Best of luck to you.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Welcome back, Tala. I look forward to reading your posts.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    PM sent.

Hi Tala.

This forum is a place where many people feel to be among friends and at home. I am glad you have made your way back after going through such a harsh year. I am very sorry to hear the news of your mother's passing. No doubt you do feel like a different person. It's been one hell of an ordeal for anyone to go through. Hopefully you'll be able to re-group, re-focus and get back on track soon. Let us know if we can help.

Don't forget, you have a huge family here who are pulling for ya and glad to see you back.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Welcome back Tala.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    Welcome back and condolences for your mother.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Odd maybe for some people...... but thru the years ..... my mother and I talked at least on the phone 1-2 times every day. We liked to share jokes , weird or funny things that happened, etc. It was not unusual for me to hear a good joke, and think ... she's got to hear this one, and call her and tell her the joke. After she died, I found myself reaching for the phone several times ........ then remembering again she was no longer there. It took 3 yrs before the "habit" of doing that really went away. But occassionally, without thinking..... I catch myself do it.

When a parent leaves us, it's more difficult in my opinion, because we think they will always be there ... as they always have been. And afterall, who knows more about our life in total than them. We never have to "explain". But, it takes a while to realize.... they never leave our thoughts..... and are still with us.

Adopt. One of the most rewarding things you can do , and you develop the same close bonds. Father or mother hood ... isn't biological, it's an unconditional committment to their care, well -being, fighting thru the tough times, enjoying the good ones, helping them up when they need it, creating many memories & experiences , knowing what it's like when someone really cares .... and helping them grow into adults..... who can evenutally help push your wheel chair.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links