I'm back, but different - Page 3

I'm back, but different

This is a discussion on I'm back, but different within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; These are the life events that one must endure and the challenges that makes us stronger. We have options in life; how we react to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: I'm back, but different

These are the life events that one must endure and the challenges that makes us stronger. We have options in life; how we react to these types of situations will define us in the future.

I extend my condolences to you and your family for your Mom, but as you said, she left on her terms and it seems that she did so in peace with herself. Be happy for your sister and give her all the love and support that she will need through her pregnancy and after the baby is born. Enjoy life, love your dogs (you know they love you) and carry always.

Welcome back!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Tala, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Losing someone in our lives that we are close to is especially hard on us physically and emotionally. Anyone who has gone through it knows all too well. Things do change in life after suffering such a loss but we move on and the harsh changes develop a new path for us to travel. You are not alone. Trust me, your trying times will ease little by little as time goes on but you will never forget. Even though it's hard enough to deal with the loss for yourself, whatever you do, don't forget that there are others out there who have also suffered the loss and they may need you too. Be there for them as their company will no doubt also help in your healing as well. My condolences to you and your family and best wishes to all through these hard times. Welcome back to the D.C. family.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Thank you everyone!
    I'm doing OK. I'm seeing someone and I'm happy. We got our Christmas tree today, and I think there's a ring on layaway for me for Christmas! I got this new shirt on clearance today too when we were buying Christmas lights.
    Attached Images
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Administrator
    The tree looks right purdy all lit up.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Tala, Sorry things have been so rough on you. Especially losing your mother. Hopefully 2013 will be a better year for you. Either way you'll always have your extended family here at DC.com.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Sorry for all that you have gone through. The addage "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" doesn't really seem comforting, nor "Everything happens for a reason" I wish the best for you in the upcoming future and hope that the next years will show you how good life can be. Welcome back, you are amongst friends here.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Welcome back, wishing u luck in the coming year.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Welcome back. May the new year bring you blessings and positive experiences.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Welcome back Tala. I'm sorry for all you've been through. I'm glad things are getting better for you.
    SCGunLover1

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Tala,

Welcome back, and I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I understand your jealousy about your sister's new baby, but please don't let it ruin your relationship with her. As we get older, many times the only thing we can truly rely on is family.

Glad to hear you are doing ok, and here's to hoping that this upcoming year is a better one for you.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links