Lost my nephew yesterday.

This is a discussion on Lost my nephew yesterday. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying God will give you an appropriate openning to speak the words on your heart. I ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Lost my nephew yesterday.

RAL
    I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying God will give you an appropriate openning to speak the words on your heart. I am also praying those words will be well received. Perhaps the words they know are in your heart are why you were asked. God bless you as you serve Him!
    phreddy likes this.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Hang tough man. Don't cry for the loss, rejoice at the time you did have together.

Prayers to you and you family! God Bless

Prayers for your family, your nephew and you.

VIP Member
    Sorry about your family's tragedy. I think you will just naturally find the right voice and tone with which to
    conduct the service, because you are sensitive to your sister's viewpoint She knows your views
    and still asked you to do the job. That tells you something about her expectations and needs.
    You probably can't go wrong.
    Lish likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

That's so sad, man, especially since you're doing the service, too. It really sounds like you're on the right track with the message. As someone similar to your sister religiously speaking, I think she'll deeply appreciate your efforts and will accept them in the loving spirit in which they were offered.

this is about supporting your sister in the loss of her son, not about your differences. You'll do fine..... you are doing it for the right reasons.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I'm very sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for your family. I'll also be praying that you'll receive the words that He intends for this service.

^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just know the differences between the two of you, and stay away from them as best as you can, and she will be forever grateful.
    Keep it light if you have to, and honor her wishes.

You'll do the right thing, we have faith!!!!!!!!!

God bless and take care, and know you and your family are in our thoughts.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

mkh
    Sorry for your loss. I'm,praying that this will be a deciding moment for your sister's faith. Nothing like the death of a loved one to get you thinking about eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    My sympathies to you & the rest your nephew's family. Rely on the Holy Spirit to guide you in saying the right words.

The one thing I'm absolutely positive about is your nephew is no longer severely disabled & I know he'll be celebrating Christmas with the Founder of the holiday.
    Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Your nephew's suffering is over and he indeed gets a seat at heaven's table for Jesus's birthday.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    You and your family will be in our prayers. Try to keep the service light and let it be a rememberance of his life more than spritual.

Brothers and sisters may differ theologically, but in family there is a shared heart.... speak... no... SING from that heart and you can't go wrong.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

VIP Member
    So sorry for your families loss.

One can never know who is in the audience and how the words will reach their heart. Our job is to speak the truth in our hearts, the good Lord will take it there.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Sorry for your families loss az, God Bless you all.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Very sorry for you loss. I am sure with prayer God will give you the words of comfort you need for the service. Will keep you and yours in my prayers.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links