Lost my nephew yesterday. - Page 3

Lost my nephew yesterday.

This is a discussion on Lost my nephew yesterday. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Praying for the peace that passes all understanding, to you, your sister, and all those loved ones effected by this loss....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Lost my nephew yesterday.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Praying for the peace that passes all understanding, to you, your sister, and all those loved ones effected by this loss.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

I'm very sorry for you loss.

For what my opinion is worth, I would not make your speech about anything other than your nephew. I went to a funeral of a very good friend once, and the pastor that did the ceremony gave a 2 hour speech that was about 15 minutes of honoring the deceased, and the rest of the time was a regular sermon. Regardless of faith, I feel that it is unnecessary and out of place to give such words at a funeral. Offer a "May God rest his soul" or something along those lines, but anything more borders on preachy, and I would be wary of that.

Again, I am very sorry for your loss, and I hope that you find the right words to say.
    aznav likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    I am deeply saddened by your loss. May the lord bless and protect your family during this dark hour. But my friend always remember "He who shall believe in me shall have enternal life." But most of all if you happen to feel as if you cant walk on your own any more go to the father and ask him to carry you the rest of the way to your destination.

And for the sermon you might want to look at a poem called footprints in the sand. It has brought me through alot of dark times. I hope it brings your and your family comfort.
    phreddy, ctr and aznav like this.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Very sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers. I know you'll do a nice funeral, so keep your chin up.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I'm sure that you will be guided in giving a great service,Let your Sister know that although we didn't know your Nephew we can Empathize with her in knowing the pain of losing a loved one.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Very sorry to hear this...added to my DC list.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Sorry for the loss. Will keep you and the rest of the family in my prayers.

I know you'll find the answer in how to best handle the services.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Sorry to hear this bro. Prayers sent.

Our prayers to you & yours. God Bless.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Lost my nephew yesterday.

I'm so very sorry. I used to teach the severely disabled - loved every single moment of it, except when we lost someone, which unfortunately happened more than my faith could handle. I do truly believe though that I learned as much from each and every one of "my" kids as they learned from me, most likely more...

It's an honor your sister asked for you assistance. You'll do fine.

My thoughts are with you and your sister both - the last student I lost before I resigned, I so admired her mother's faith...at the funeral she told me that she felt so blessed that she had her so long ( she was 18 when she passed) and that she was thankful for every day she had with her. It still brings tears to my eyes...she was of course heart broken, but she was still able to express thanks and joy for the time they had together.

RAL
    I'm praying for you and your family today. May God give you the right words for the ears, hearts, and minds that need to hear them. May God bless you as you serve Him.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

RAL
    Hope all went well!
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

Condolences and prayers heading your way.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm of the strong opinion that death is nearly always a tragedy. If the nephew wanted to be alive, then his death is a theft, pure and simple
    The only acceptable long-term outcome is to find a cure. It's an actual solution, requiring forward-thinking efforts.

Until then, we're just arguing about who's pushing who.

Distinguished Member
    I have literal goose bumps as I read these posts. Many, many thanks!!! This will sound incredibly self-serving but I know exactly how and where the inspiration came for the service. If anyone would like a copy of the service, you are welcome to email. It's short. I only say that because, even as i read it now I shake my head and say, "Whoa! Not bad!". Yes, yes, it sounds arrogant but again, I know it wasn't me that wrote it and I know that DC (an I'm dead serious) played a huge part in pulling this off. My sis and niece were glued to the message. These are folks that are not and have not been church goers. Not that being a "church-goer" is that big a deal, just that you get the gist of all of this.
    Blessings! Tom Perkins (aznav)
    oh, : aznav@comcast.net
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links