Rudy's last day - Page 2

Rudy's last day

This is a discussion on Rudy's last day within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm so sorry you're losing Rudy. No matter how long they're with us, it's never long enough. Sounds as if you have lots of good ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Rudy's last day

VIP Member
    I'm so sorry you're losing Rudy. No matter how long they're with us, it's never long enough.
    Sounds as if you have lots of good memories. Rudy will never leave you in spirit.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Sorry to hear your news. I understand your sadness totally. It is always tough.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Sorry for your loss!

Re: Rudy's last day

Thanks, friends... I appreciate your thoughts...

I'm okay, just 'cause I know he's not in pain anymore.

I hurt more than he does... And that will fade.
    mook012 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

RAL
    I am so sorry for your loss. People who never had a close relationship with a dog realize how deeply we grieve their passing. You will be seeing Rudy out of the corner of your eye for a while as he moves through your house in your memories.

I awakened in the night after we had to let our Barney go, and I could not figure out what woke me up. I finally I realized I was listening for his snoring, something he had started to do as he got older. He was a great dog.

Iím glad Rudy had people who have shed tears at his passing. That just means there was a lot of love there. Your tears are an honor to Rudy and the relationship you had.
    Last edited by RAL; December 10th, 2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: spelling
    mook012 and Rock and Glock like this.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

Sorry my friend..., it's always hard to say good by. I had a Cujo also, as I see you did, and had to say ''so long for now'' about 8 years ago. I wish I could tell you it doesn't hurt any more, but, I will not lie to you. If it didn't hurt, something is wrong. They are with for far too short of a time, but the memories are forever. Max is my new ''good Ole boy'' but it Will never erase the memories of Cujo. In their own ways they are both number one to me, God Bless and comfort you in your time of loss.

rottkeeper
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    Sorry for your loss.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Must be an internet thing. My monitor is blurry too. You were a blessing to Rudy as he was one to you. It is so hard to let them go. Dogs are angels, no other explanation fits them.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I have had to put a few kittens down who had FIP and this year I lost 2 of my grown cats. I know how you feel it doesn't get easier. The pain is a direct connection to the love shared. My monitor was blurry for a while but has cleared abit. You have my family's sympathies. They are not pets as some would say they are 4 legged family members, members we choose to care for.

Quote Originally Posted by mook012 View Post
    My coputer gets blurry when I read of Rudi and all the good loyal best friends we all have had over the years. Sorry for your loss and Rudi will be waiting for you when it's your time. I had to put my buddy Mac down - he was 17 and I still miss him and his goofy routine. The pain in your heart will lessen over time but you never forget them, especially when you read about another owner having to put their best friend down.
    Yes, yes, this is the way I feel too. My BFF was "Mojo". I like to think I will see my BFF in the next plane of existence (whatever that is).

Good luck to you. Keep the faith. And keep treating ALL creatures (human and animal) with love and respect.
    mook012 likes this.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

VIP Member
    Sorry for your loss. I know the pain all too well.

VIP Member
    Buddy, I've been where you are right now more times than I care to remember and it doesn't get any easier.

Remember the good times and may you find some solace in the following................

The Rainbow Bridge
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Sorry to hear your loss. I know what your going through. It took me a solid three months to get over my fox terrier we had to part with. That dog would rather played frisbee than eat. But now we have a little chorkie and she has takin up a new place in our hearts.

Oscar, my 13 y/o black tricolored Aussie left us about 5 yrs ago. Putting down a loyal pup is a very hard thing to do even when you know it's the last favor you can give your dog.

Oscar grew up with my kids, and was 6 mos old when my oldest was born. A tremendous example of a tremendous breed. My heart goes out to you and your family.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

I hate posts like this, but I read everyone of them...I understand completely.
    Sorry for your loss...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links