Had To Let My Dog Go Today

This is a discussion on Had To Let My Dog Go Today within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sorry to hear this. The dog in my avatar was put down two years ago . She was a great companion to myself and my ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: Had To Let My Dog Go Today

Lead Moderator
    Sorry to hear this. The dog in my avatar was put down two years ago . She was a great companion to myself and my kids for many years. A good dog is a loyal , trusted friend.

Edit: actually my profile pic is my last dog, the GSD is our current dog.
    Jeanlouise, JoJoGunn and ctr like this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

2. Remove Ads

Sorry for your loss. Dogs are a huge part of the family and it is never easy to make that choice when the time comes but it in the end it was one of the best choices my wife and I have ever made.
    Jeanlouise and JoJoGunn like this.

Distinguished Member
    So very sorry you lost Smore. Dogs ask very little and give us so much in return. They are family. Dogs are angels you know.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

So sorry to hear of your loss.

Had to do it once myself and you have my sympathy and my prayers. Take comfort in the great memories and knowing you did the right thing.

I want to thank all who have offered sympathy, prayers and stories of their own loved but departed pets. Even though we here on this forum are strangers and may never meet in this life, we have a bond, a kinship not just with the reason for this forum, but knowing that we all love our pets, and that's what makes human life joyous amid the hurt.

I take comfort that I did the best that I could do for the short number of years that I actually had Smore in my life. I rely upon the wise words of a very wise man who's birth we will soon celebrate. They are :

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Again thank you all so much from the inner most regions of my soul.

May God bless each and every one of you and give you the comfort I am recieving.
    Jeanlouise, ctr, FlaRon and 2 others like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Sorry for your loss JoJo.. A mans true character comes out in his love for animals. A tough but correct decision. Find comfort in relief of pain for your pup.
    JoJoGunn and Jeanlouise like this.
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

It's a tough job, but the last best thing you can do for your loyal companion. I've been through it several times, and it's never any easier. I'm truly sorry for your loss.
    JoJoGunn and Jeanlouise like this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

so sorry, had a dog that looked just like her. same thing happened to him body just started to fail slowly. take comfort she is with her creator God, its automatic for pets since he put them here for us. we have to make the choice weather we want to be with God or not the way has been provided thru Jesus Christ.
    Jeanlouise, JoJoGunn and FlaRon like this.

My sincere condolences. We've had to do the same for three of our pups. It sure is tough to lose a special friend. It's been almost 10 years since we lost our first pup and I think of al three of them every day. At least you gave her a good home and a good life.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    USN Retired

Jo, watching my dog go was the hardest. I understand and you have my sincere condolences. She'll be be waiting on ya'll............
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Pretty dog! I hope I don't sound like a puss but I teared up after reading that. I've got a huge heart for dogs, always have, always will! I'm sorry you lost her, at least she knows you were always there for her and with her and she will always be there for you and with you! Think about the good times you had with her and don't let it get you both down on this great time of holiday!! :) Merry Xmas you two! Perhaps a new dog in the future?
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Had To Let My Dog Go Today

So sorry for your loss. We have two dogs, they are both 7, I dread the day that we have to do this.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links