I have another little story...

This is a discussion on I have another little story... within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A while ago, we rented a Walther PPQ at the range. I loved the trigger action and just plain accuracy. My wife fired it and ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By lchamp
  • 1 Post By cn262
  • 1 Post By MACC12
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise

Thread: I have another little story...

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar

I have another little story...

A while ago, we rented a Walther PPQ at the range. I loved the trigger action and just plain accuracy. My wife fired it and really liked it, too.

We went to several local gun shops trying to buy one for our home defense weapon. They were very scarce, not even available, and I even tried online to get one. I found one online and they didn't ship for several weeks, so I gave up and angrily cancelled the order. I essentially gave up on getting a Walther PPQ, but I would ask about them every time I went into a gun shop. Even my favorite gun shop couldn't get one on order.

Meanwhile, unknown to me, my favorite gun shop had called my wife and said they got ONE into stock and did she want it...Of course, she bought it and put it aside for me. I continued to inquire at every visit to gun shops and was told that apparently Walther just wasn't shipping any at this time. My wife didn't tell me she already had one.

Well, this morning, the PPQ was under the tree...real surprise because I really thought they were still unavailable.

If one of those other gun shops had one available, the wife would've had to tell me about her purchase before the big surprise today. Now I am glad there were none available other than that ONE that came in to our favorite gun shop.

OH YEAH!!!!

2 new guns in 2 days!!!
    JoJoGunn and msgt/ret like this.

2. Remove Ads

You have an amazing wife. Mine did something similar with a Colt Detective Special back when Colt stopped selling them about 15 years ago, but mine was an anniversary present. The good ones know!
    lchamp likes this.

Here in Mass you can't purchase a gun for someone else, they must buy it themselves. I just got her a gift certificate from the local gun store and stuck it on the tree. Nothing says I love like firearms.
    minimalbrat likes this.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MACC12 View Post
    Here in Mass you can't purchase a gun for someone else, they must buy it themselves. I just got her a gift certificate from the local gun store and stuck it on the tree. Nothing says I love like firearms.
    Yeah, my wife is the registered owner just like I'm the registered owner for the gun I bought as a gift for her. I can 'sell' it to her on a private person-to-person sale as long as I know she can legally own one.

VIP Member
    Wow! Great Christmas for you this year! You have a really nice wife!
    lchamp likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    A while ago, we rented a Walther PPQ at the range. I loved the trigger action and just plain accuracy. My wife fired it and really liked it, too.

We went to several local gun shops trying to buy one for our home defense weapon. They were very scarce, not even available, and I even tried online to get one. I found one online and they didn't ship for several weeks, so I gave up and angrily cancelled the order. I essentially gave up on getting a Walther PPQ, but I would ask about them every time I went into a gun shop. Even my favorite gun shop couldn't get one on order.

Meanwhile, unknown to me, my favorite gun shop had called my wife and said they got ONE into stock and did she want it...Of course, she bought it and put it aside for me. I continued to inquire at every visit to gun shops and was told that apparently Walther just wasn't shipping any at this time. My wife didn't tell me she already had one.

Well, this morning, the PPQ was under the tree...real surprise because I really thought they were still unavailable.

If one of those other gun shops had one available, the wife would've had to tell me about her purchase before the big surprise today. Now I am glad there were none available other than that ONE that came in to our favorite gun shop.

OH YEAH!!!!

2 new guns in 2 days!!!
    Nope, she would have changed the name on the tag from yours to hers, from Santa.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

That is great! Good wife you have there! Merry Christmas!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Links