Request for help and prayers

This is a discussion on Request for help and prayers within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have been around since 2005 and don't post as much as I used to. This isn't spam or some scam. A dear friend of ...

Thread: Request for help and prayers

Request for help and prayers

I have been around since 2005 and don't post as much as I used to. This isn't spam or some scam. A dear friend of mine has an ill father and left her family in GA to come to TX to care for him. She has some family drama, (who doesn't). She suffered an unprovoked attack in the home and was forced to defend herself and her infirm father with a firearm. It was a justified shoot, but since she refused to make a statement to the police and her family brought in the drama, she was charged with a Second Degree Felony. Her first Pre Trial appearance is on the 23rd of this month.
    She's disabled from an auto accident years ago and was given a court appointed attorney that isn't able to be reached. Never in trouble other than a traffic ticket or two. She's active in GA politics and has her GA CHL.
    Her daughter set up a link to take donations for her defense. As soon as I get off my phone and on a laptop, I'll donate myself. If anyone on here can help with a donation or just a simple prayer, we all would appreciate it.

Here's the link to donate:
    ChipIn: Legal Defense Fund
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

2. Remove Ads

This is in TEXAS?
    There has to be much more to the story. Texans have shot dirtbags breaking into a neighbor's house, dirtbags breaking into outside sheds, etc...and not been charged.
    To be charged with a crime for defending one's self inside the home doesn't ring true to me.
    Someone involved in a shooting is not required to make an immediate statement to the police, but eventually you WILL have to talk with them...hopefully, in the company of a lawyer.

You may want to get the full story from your friend.
    I am very sorry to hear of this situation. I will add your friend to my DC list.

Respectfully,
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    I must agree with retsupt99 here. With all due respect to the OP, there is grossly insufficient information here if you truly wish to garner support. You say there was "family drama" and like you say "who doesn't," but everyday drama rarely results in a shooting incident. I'm very supportive of people who rightly defend themselves, but I (and I'm sure others will) have a problem with this request given the lack of information.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

I tend to agree a little more information would help a great deal.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Went to donation site - name listed is Judith Cummins.

Could this be the story in question?

UPDATE: Sister charged after allegedly shooting brother | WOAI: San Antonio News
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    I must agree with retsupt99 here. With all due respect to the OP, there is grossly insufficient information here if you truly wish to garner support. You say there was "family drama" and like you say "who doesn't," but everyday drama rarely results in a shooting incident. I'm very supportive of people who rightly defend themselves, but I (and I'm sure others will) have a problem with this request given the lack of information.
    Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Went to donation site - name listed is Judith Cummins.

Could this be the story in question?

UPDATE: Sister charged after allegedly shooting brother | WOAI: San Antonio News
    High pockets, I found the same link. However, the name of the person charged is Judith Cummings (not Cummins). Also, the OP said it was the daughter that set up the fund request. In any case, I have the same question.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

You guys have the right link. Media got the spelling of the name wrong. She was attacked and defended herself. Can't throw more details out than that because it is still a pending case. look over my 7 years of posts here and you'll see I don't go off half cocked and I do have all the facts. She is innocent of these charges. Please just include her and her in your prayers.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

VIP Member
    Prayers sent.
    Article says POLICE have charged her.
    I believe once the Prosecuting Attorney reviews the facts, if it was justified she will be no billed, or IF it goes to trial vindicated.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Prayers sent. Hope all goes well.

Links