Mr. Mom today

This is a discussion on Mr. Mom today within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm holding down the fort for my wife today. The kids are all home because school was cancelled. So far I've had to clean up ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Mr. Mom today

VIP Member

Mr. Mom today

I'm holding down the fort for my wife today. The kids are all home because school was cancelled.

So far I've had to clean up a blow out pants bomb* and a projectile vomit.

What's next?

* overflowing poopy diaper
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

2. Remove Ads

If you were here you may have had to clean up more projectile vomiting as I was reading that.

Brad426, msgt/ret and Darrow75 like this.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

It's a beautiful thing, isn't it?

I'm running what I refer to as Paw-Paw's day care here at the Fat Possum Ranch. My son and daughter in law have two sons, a two year old and a 2 month old. For the past three weeks or so I've been keeping them all day by myself, while the parents work.

It's a challenge sometimes, I have to admit, and if nothing else, I have new respect for Mom's and Dad's who do this all the time. Day care is so expensive these days, and nobody would care for them as well as I do, so I figured why not?

Love my kids and grandsons more than life, so it's time spent well IMHO.
    atctimmy likes this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

VIP Member
    If anybody still had vcr's, I'd tell you to watch out for the grilled cheese sandwiches.

Good luck, we're all pulling for you!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    Jeff Foxxworthy has all the advice you'll ever need:

Changing a diaper is a lot like getting a present from your grandmother - you're not sure what you've got but you're pretty sure you're not going to like it.

You have to change those diapers every day. When those directions on the side of the Pampers box say, 'holds 6-12 pounds' they're not kidding!

Did you know babies are nauseated by the smell of a clean shirt? You put on something from the cleaners, they'll spit up just like that. My wardrobe looks like we have condors living in our yard.

My wife is so analytical with raising kids, and I am not. My feeling is if they turn out good, then that means I was a good daddy and put a lot of effort into it. If they turn out bad, it means they took after her side of the family.

PPKheat has some advice also:

For every one pound of baby/child there is about 100 pounds of stuff that comes with him. A 7 lb baby has about 700 pounds of stuff, like clothes, food, furniture, car seat, etc; as they get older it keeps the same ratio, the stuff just gets bigger, more, and heavier.......bicycles, motorcycle, shoes, clothes, go-cart, automobile, etc
    Last edited by ppkheat; January 23rd, 2013 at 07:43 PM.
    KBSR, JoJoGunn and atctimmy like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

sounds like a rough day on the homefront. Hope the little one(s) feel better. I'm not sure which of those fluid management tasks is worse. My daughter will be 2 very soon but until November I've been a stay at home dad. (now working 20/wk)

hang in there! don't forget to share every gory detail of the day with the lady.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    For every one pound of baby/child there is about 100 pounds of stuff that comes with him.
    I was Mr. Mom for about 4 years. Somedays it is for every 1 lb of baby 7 lbs of stuff come out of him.
    atctimmy likes this.

Hang in there Timmy!

I'm Mr. Mom to a 5-year-old and a 2-year-old twice a week as my wife does 12-hours shifts. I simultaneously love and hate those days...
    atctimmy likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

My wife works from home with our two boys. That is a job I do not relish. Love my boys, but I am much less patient and need my breaks. I go to work to relax. Wait how are you on the computer, there is now a toilet overflowing somewhere in your house!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Potty training gets even more fun. It sure was entertaining when my son was training. I was sitting behind the computer when I heard shuffle-shuffle-shuffle-shuffle. And then there's my son standing there looking at me, underpants and jeans around his ankles.

"Mommy, I didn't make it to the potty in time and now I can't get my pants back up."

I had to clean up a 20-foot streak of poo that led from the bathroom all the way to my office.

A blow-out diaper with vomit and this time of year might mean norovirus. I sure hope not; we just went through that in this house. You have my sympathies.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I can overnight a pair of goggles and tongs if you need?
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    I had to clean up a 20-foot streak of poo that led from the bathroom all the way to my office.

A blow-out diaper with vomit and this time of year might mean norovirus. I sure hope not; we just went through that in this house. You have my sympathies.
    HA! That made me laugh. : )

On a serious note: I'm not too bad with the kids but when all three are on me like a pack of wolves I start to feel overwhelmed. I've changed enough nasty diapers that they don't really bother me but the puke was no fun.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

VIP Member
    I'm not too bad with the kids but when all three are on me like a pack of wolves I start to feel overwhelmed.
    They're beaming because they get dad for the day. And dads mean Awesome Time. I try to schedule the day so there's an art period (as in, crayons and paper unless I'm brave and whip out the fingerpaint, which means a pack of wipes and a drop cloth), a tv time in half hour stretches (for my sanity), and science time, which is always fun. If you have mechanically inclined kids, the Snap Circuits kits are great for them to concentrate on. When my husband is Mr. Mom, I come home and find Hot Wheels all over the house.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

VIP Member
    Just wait for the one where they "almost make it" to the sit down position,,....but not quite making it.
    You will probably not know where to begin cleaning THAT up.

You may think renovating the bathroom will be easier in the long run.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links