Damn Marines Hoorah

This is a discussion on Damn Marines Hoorah within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Tzadik I liked the comment to sentence the kids to 8 weeks of boot camp. NOT the camp for troubled Utes - ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Damn Marines Hoorah

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzadik View Post
    I liked the comment to sentence the kids to 8 weeks of boot camp.
    NOT the camp for troubled Utes - the real deal....USMC Basic!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Great ending and very encouraging to see the community get involved and help him. Elders should be treated with the utmost respect - they have earned it. As for the teens , they should be given 10 - 15 year sentences easily. Too bad it won't happen.
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    As for the teens , they should be given 10 - 15 year sentences easily. Too bad it won't happen.
    Probably because it is utterly ridiculous.

The way it should be. SEMPER FI! Glad to see the Corps still backing up those who have served! Once a Marine, Always a Marine!
    CLASS3NH likes this.

VIP Member
    From article;
    "We appreciate your service and from one Marine to another, we have your back," said one Marine.
    END

Ah, the're just a bunch of trained killers.
    Probably came and did all that, just so they could get the lay of the house, so next time the old geezer goes out, THEY can ransack/pillage/destroy his house, cause, as we all know, thats what marines do, right?

They{the Marines}, the radio host Michael Berry and the furniture store, Gallery Furniture rock!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Daddydon View Post
    Those kids should be taught a lesson
    It would have been interesting if somehow, the kids could have been made to work with those Marines, "supervised and motivated by them" to clean up and restore the houses' damage. Sweat equity, of sorts...
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    Probably because it is utterly ridiculous.
    The crime, or the sentence suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    The crime, or the sentence suggestion?
    Well, both, but the sentencing suggestion is more ridiculous.

Oh, I don't know. Harsh retrubitive punishment for lawbreakers reallly ought to be tried. What we're doing now isn't working.
    ctr and OD* like this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Oh, I don't know. Harsh retrubitive punishment for lawbreakers reallly ought to be tried. What we're doing now isn't working.
    15 years for b&e and vandalism? What's next - 5 years for flicking a cigarette butt; 2 years for jaywalking?

The day when the government starts throwing people in prison for decades for minor infractions is the day I leave the country. You guys are worried about 7 round magazine limits but think 15 years is a good idea for what can generally be described as rebellious teenage behavior?

VIP Member
    15 years for b&e and vandalism? What's next - 5 years for flicking a cigarette butt; 2 years for jaywalking?

The day when the government starts throwing people in prison for decades for minor infractions is the day I leave the country. You guys are worried about 7 round magazine limits but think 15 years is a good idea for what can generally be described as rebellious teenage behavior?

^^^^^^That is your idea of rebellious teenage behavior?

Man, your way off base.

Rebellious teenage behavior is maybe spray painting railroad cars or the local water tower.

But NOT actually breaking and entering someone elses home, breaking things, and spray painting the joint up, and risking even more riskyagressive behavior as they get older.
    This deserves 2-3 years in juvie.
    ctr and OD* like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    how about a good caning and reparations. Wonder what kind of home these boys come from? Doesn't excuse it though.
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^^^^^^That is your idea of rebellious teenage behavior?

Man, your way off base.

Rebellious teenage behavior is maybe spray painting railroad cars or the local water tower.

But NOT actually breaking and entering someone elses home, breaking things, and spray painting the joint up, and risking even more riskyagressive behavior as they get older.
    This deserves 2-3 years in juvie.
    They didn't hurt anybody. I don't have a problem with them being punished. I also wouldn't have a problem with them being shot and killed if they broke in to an occupied home.

Kids do dumb stuff all the time, and this is undoubtedly rebellious teenage behavior. I guess the phrase has a certain connotation that hearkens back to a simpler time, but it obviously holds true in this case as well.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar

I do believe you would be singing a totally different song if it had been your house.
    oneshot, CLASS3NH and OD* like this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    I do believe you would be singing a totally different song if it had been your house.
    That is a pathetic comment. You missed the point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links