Damn Marines Hoorah - Page 3

Damn Marines Hoorah

This is a discussion on Damn Marines Hoorah within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Semper Fi, proud to be a Marine....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Damn Marines Hoorah

Semper Fi, proud to be a Marine.

Semper Fi, Leathernecks. As for the punishment. No way they deserve 10 years in prison. Stupid kids..for sure...but 10 years? I'd rather see these kids have 2 years of community service, supervised by Marines. If they complete it, fine, carry on. If not, induction. Heck, we have people commit violent crimes in this country that don't get 10 years.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    They didn't hurt anybody. I don't have a problem with them being punished. I also wouldn't have a problem with them being shot and killed if they broke in to an occupied home.

Kids do dumb stuff all the time, and this is undoubtedly rebellious teenage behavior. I guess the phrase has a certain connotation that hearkens back to a simpler time, but it obviously holds true in this case as well.
    Didn't hurt anybody? Maybe, maybe not. What about the other burglaries committed. These kids are practicing and working their way up the criminal offense ladder. If they get a harsh sentence early on, maybe, just maybe, they can vibe salvaged into adults that will contribute instead of take and destroy. Their parents certainly failed, as did the kids. Too many criminals are coddled at an early age because, hey, they were just kids being reckless. I don't buy into that at all. Teach them to respect others and their property, and teach them the consequences for disobeying. Do it early and big problems can be avoided later.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    That is a pathetic comment. You missed the point.
    There is an old saying that is not followed today "You do the crime , you do the time". If the courts continue as they do today, in just a few short years, you won't be able to walk the streets. It is presently that way in areas of most of our large cities, Chicago, and Newark, to name just a few of the worst.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    God Bless those sea going bellhops, I spent some outings with a few of them.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Stories like this restore some glimmer of hope for our society. Good on the DJ, the furniture store, contractors and the jarheads for making this right.

As a retired squid, let me remind all you leathernecks that MARINE stands for My A** Rides In Navy Equipment. ; )
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

ALWAYS faithful!
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I think those two kids should have to report to Parris Island for a lesson in humility and respect.
    CLASS3NH, NONAME762 and OD* like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Didn't hurt anybody? Maybe, maybe not. What about the other burglaries committed. These kids are practicing and working their way up the criminal offense ladder. If they get a harsh sentence early on, maybe, just maybe, they can vibe salvaged into adults that will contribute instead of take and destroy. Their parents certainly failed, as did the kids. Too many criminals are coddled at an early age because, hey, they were just kids being reckless. I don't buy into that at all. Teach them to respect others and their property, and teach them the consequences for disobeying. Do it early and big problems can be avoided later.
    +1 on the above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

NOT to hyjack this thread, but this reminds me of an Episode of A&E Flipping Vegas this past saturday night of the "pay it forward house" My brother, who did the Asbestos remediation, along with many other Military members both active and retired, placed dozens of man hours and absorbed the cost to their respective Firms. My brother, who was in the Corps 78-83 gave without hesitation, along with the others, in order to give a home to a Wounded Warrior from Iraq/Afagahnistan.
    All branches from the services had a hand in it. Brought tears to their eyes, and to the unsuspecting Young man and his Family.
    Nothing better than giving it all, and asking nothing in return.
    Carry on Devil Dogs. Squids, Chairforce, G I Joes, and Coasties
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Yutttttt

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I think those two kids should have to report to Parris Island for a lesson in humility and respect.
    When I was a kid I got a spanking when I did something wrong. Granted the worst thing I ever did wasn't on the same scale as what these kids did but I still got spanked. A few times I got the belt. I think a public spanking would be in order for these two. Enough swats to make them both cry and not want to sit down for a few days. Then a nice trip to Parris Island for 3 weeks. After Parris Island they each get after school and weekend jobs. Their pay goes to a fund. After 2 or 3 months of work their pay goes to the WWII Vet to do with as he pleases. The kids don't receive one red cent of their pay. Then 1 year of probation each.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    As a sailor it is my sworn duty to harass Marines at every opportunity. In this case I will remain silent.

Nice job Guys.
    OD*, bmcgilvray and pittypat21 like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links