Nice story.

This is a discussion on Nice story. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; With the stress level so high about gun control, I thought I would post this feel good story. I'm sure there are many dog owners ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MACC12
  • 1 Post By oneshot

Thread: Nice story.

Nice story.

With the stress level so high about gun control, I thought I would post this feel good story. I'm sure there are many dog owners here. Enjoy

Blind NH sled dog thrives with brother's help
    surefire7 likes this.
    “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

2. Remove Ads

Great story...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    There's nothing like brotherly love. Good story.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

VIP Member
    From story;

When Gonzo first went blind, Poncho didn't treat him any different, she said. But then he realized his brother needed help.

"At first, he'd be a little bit nervous when Gonzo would lean into him. And then somehow — I don't know how dogs communicate — he learned that he was utilizing him to determine where the turns are and how fast they were going. And he would let him do that — he wouldn't get as grumbly as he did in the beginning."

Beaulieu describes a spring day when he took the pair for a ride on a trail known for its deep snow, and Gonzo strayed to the edge of the trial and stumbled. With the team still moving forward, Poncho reached over, dug his head in the snow and pulled his brother out, grabbing his harness with his teeth.

"He essentially picked him out of the powder ... threw him back on the trail and never skipped a beat," Beaulieu said. "I've run dogs in a lot of places, all over the country, and it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen sled dogs do."
    END

Be nice if the whole world could show brotherly love like this.

Funny how a dog figured out how to have compassion, and a human being, like the one in Betty's post about her neighbors visit to Taco Bell, is a dismal failure. This happened to my neighbor at Taco Bell
    MACC12 likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

He aint heavy, he's my brother!
    If you died today and stood in front of God and He asked you " Why should I let you into My Heaven?" what would you say?

Links