What do you collect, other than guns? - Page 6

What do you collect, other than guns?

This is a discussion on What do you collect, other than guns? within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ex-wives and thats a really expensive hobby...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: What do you collect, other than guns?

Ex-wives and thats a really expensive hobby
    BugDude, Lish, Betty and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    No pics of the cars??? Dude???
    Lol! Okay, here you go.

First up is my 93 LX convertible. I've owned it for almost 15 years and it is fairly well modified. The only thing has hasn't been modded is the basic sheet metal and mechanically, it only lacks a supercharger. Yet.

Next is my wife's car. It is also a 93 LX, but is a hatchback. Her car is a low-mile survivor that is still pretty stock, other than springs, wheels, intake and exhaust.

This was my Saleen, 1993 #16. Uber low miles and one of three in this color/equipment. It won MCA Concours Gold at two Grand National shows. I sold it last year when I decided that it was either sell it or mod it. I took the high road and sent it on to another collector. This was it's magazine cover shot for Mustang Times.

Next up is my wife's Saleen, 1985 #115. This was a very rare car with t-tops and just over 50,000 miles. It was great fun to drive, but it never really "clicked" with her. She isn't used to carburetors and hated having to let it warm up. That, combined with a terror of somebody damaging it, made it no fun for her to drive. We sold that to buy her green car.

Lastly, here is our old 1996 Cobra. This was the first Mustang I bought for her after we met. It was bad and black. I put a Kenne Bell supercharger on top and it had right at 400hp to the rear wheels. I really wish we'd held on to this one.

Happy now BugDude?
    JD, BugDude, OD* and 1 others like this.

Navel lint

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInEdmonds View Post
    Lol! Okay, here you go.

First up is my 93 LX convertible. I've owned it for almost 15 years and it is fairly well modified. The only thing has hasn't been modded is the basic sheet metal and mechanically, it only lacks a supercharger. Yet.

Next is my wife's car. It is also a 93 LX, but is a hatchback. Her car is a low-mile survivor that is still pretty stock, other than springs, wheels, intake and exhaust.

This was my Saleen, 1993 #16. Uber low miles and one of three in this color/equipment. It won MCA Concours Gold at two Grand National shows. I sold it last year when I decided that it was either sell it or mod it. I took the high road and sent it on to another collector. This was it's magazine cover shot for Mustang Times.

Next up is my wife's Saleen, 1985 #115. This was a very rare car with t-tops and just over 50,000 miles. It was great fun to drive, but it never really "clicked" with her. She isn't used to carburetors and hated having to let it warm up. That, combined with a terror of somebody damaging it, made it no fun for her to drive. We sold that to buy her green car.

Lastly, here is our old 1996 Cobra. This was the first Mustang I bought for her after we met. It was bad and black. I put a Kenne Bell supercharger on top and it had right at 400hp to the rear wheels. I really wish we'd held on to this one.

Happy now BugDude?
    Sweet looking rides. Mine instead is a foreigner.

IMG_0550.JPG IMG_0554.JPG
    BugDude, DaveInEdmonds and OD* like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

JD
    Administrator
    Zippo lighters

i like getting tactical knives and axes, flashlights, stocking up on bullets for my guns if that counts. but mostly like collecting guns all though i only have two i plan on getting more, i'm young so by the time i get 30 or 40 i plan on having quite the collection.

What do you collect, other than guns?

Texaco paraphernalia. Specifically the die-cast airplanes.
    DaveInEdmonds likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Zippo lighters
    One time on a road trip I stopped at a store that only carried Zippo lighters. Just from what they had on display and were in the catalogs a Zippo collection may possibly fill a rather large warehouse. There are a lot of interesting designs out there and if you include the custom engraving some of us have had you may need more than one warehouse.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    One time on a road trip I stopped at a store that only carried Zippo lighters. Just from what they had on display and were in the catalogs a Zippo collection may possibly fill a rather large warehouse. There are a lot of interesting designs out there and if you include the custom engraving some of us have had you may need more than one warehouse.

I don't have that many, maybe a shoe box full, but I can dream. I kicked the habit a number of years ago, but I still pick up a lighter here and there when I find one that catches my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverPilot View Post
    Texaco paraphernalia. Specifically the die-cast airplanes.
    Several years ago I lived in the little town of Anacortes, WA. They had an old-fashioned Ace Hardware store that had been owned by an elderly couple for a couple of decades. High up on the front wall, the man had an incredible collection of die-cast Texaco stuff. The store is long gone, but I still wonder what happened to his collection.

Lol! Okay, here you go.

Happy now BugDude?
    Yep. You can't tell a car guy that you have cars and not show pics.

Nice rides!!! Your 93 is very elegantly stylish.
    DaveInEdmonds likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I am a car guy but I don't have anything fun right now. I am in the process of looking for a 53 Chevy 210.

Right now I am collecting antiques for my house. It is a 122 year old East Lake Victorian. I would like to expand into antique guns at some point too.
    bmcgilvray likes this.

I collect Mustang stuff, both automobilia and the cars themselves. My main area of interest is the Fox body cars from 79-93. I've had several, including a couple of Saleen's, but am currently down to two.

WOW!! Really nice and impressive display.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Right now

Coon hounds and Tattoos
    Coon Hounds?? Now you hit my heart. Our beloved Blue Tick Hound Sheba...passed a couple of weeks ago. Our Basset Hound is really sad (more than usual) because Sheba was like her Mama. Now she has to bond with my little lap Pom. I love hounds. Send a spare coon hound my way ....LOL...the Basset would really like that .

You have good taste in dogs.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I have a small collection of genealogy/family history books. My favorite is my copy of our family history published in 1897. This book was purchased (new) by my great grandfather. Inside of the book is the receipt of his purchase. If I remember right, it cost $2.50.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Sponsored Links