3AM bug-in

This is a discussion on 3AM bug-in within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Stay safe! My local news says a tornado did hit not too far from us. The physical effects of that adrenaline dump are still with ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 3AM bug-in

VIP Member
    Stay safe!

My local news says a tornado did hit not too far from us. The physical effects of that adrenaline dump are still with me. Headache, inability to concentrate, legs still feel like they're going to take off without the rest of me.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

2. Remove Ads

The winds have picked up pretty good in this part of s.c.I bike ride sometimes and today it was so windy,i cut it short.Just no fun at all.

Glad you guys are all ok. Good news is you now get a chance to fix all of the things you didn't do to par the first time around. Family meeting time!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Over the last two years we have been receiving more than our fair share of severe weather here in Tennessee and adjacent states? Last night between 10:00 P.M. - 2:00 A.M. I must have got off my recliner thirty times to listen & reset my annoying alarm weather radio.

Yesterdays storm system was 1/2 the N.S. length of the U.S. and covered a lot of territory. Hope everyone is safe and no property damage.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

I live right in Tornado Alley. Makes for some tense moments on a semi-regular basis. It's not fun.

Stepping on a Lego with bare feet causes curse words to emit from my pie hole. Hate 'em! Thank goodness that's not an issue anymore. Also try keeping a water bottle next to the bed. Problem solved.

Streamlight Scorpion going Kaput? Solution = Fenix LD-20!

I'm glad you guys are safe and no storm damage or injuries. Tornado season is bad enough, but the freak tornado's in the middle of winter are down right aggravating!
    atctimmy likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Wow, that sounds intense! Glad you're all ok, which is the important thing. Now that you've done a "trial run" you can iron out all those kinks; which is a definite plus!
    "Hell is truth seen too late."

VIP Member
    Glad you are safe and all is well. Often times our plans need tweaking during execution. We learned that the hard way this past summer.

Glad your all ok. Ive seen several funnel clouds and we had a tornado hit about a mile from our house and that was close enough for me. I have seen the green sky before also. We have been having some wacky weather for sure.

Glad you are all OK! Add a hand crank radio too.

I like your After Action too - looks good. Keep a notepad close too - more will come.

Glad you're ok. Sounds like you're well prepared. We're under tornado advisary here in central NC for the next few hours.

Administrator
    That sure was a harrowing experience. VERY Happy that all are OK.
    On the plus/positive side at least now you know exactly what to change and what worked and what did not.
    Sometimes you just have to live through the actual scanario.
    Hopefully there will not be a "next time" but should there ever be...you'll be all prepped.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

If your cell has a flash for camera I strongly urge you to get flashlight app!
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

VIP Member
    I actually have the flashlight app for my iPhone, but I think the combination of fatigue, waking up suddenly in the night, plus the adrenaline had me so fixated on finding an actual flashlight that worked that the cellphone one just didn't cross my mind. And I use the flashlight app all the time.

The shelter area has been updated with some new supplies, plus I'll be adding some reflective tape in areas up under the crawlspace for better navigation.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    I actually have the flashlight app for my iPhone, but I think the combination of fatigue, waking up suddenly in the night ...
    Hm. How about a Barometer Flashlight? Anything below 990mb and the light comes on.

Good idea on clearing out the nightstand drawer: only the critical items, all of which are grabbed in a situation.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Glad everyone is safe. The few times I've seen those monsters in person I counted myself lucky and blessed that it was going the opposite direction.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links