3AM bug-in

This is a discussion on 3AM bug-in within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Slightly off topic, but is your "bunker" accessable from outside? If so, is the trap door secured from inside the house to prevent someone from ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 3AM bug-in

Slightly off topic, but is your "bunker" accessable from outside? If so, is the trap door secured from inside the house to prevent someone from sneaking into the house through it?
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Yes, and yes.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    -1 = Streamlight Scorpion died. The batteries are fine. The flashlight just chose that moment to die. My brain was too slow to think of alt lights. I eventually ended up with one in my hands.
    It really is true: "Two is one. One is none."

That particular shade of green sky truly is a visceral experience. It awakens some primordial "bad juju imminent" feeling when you see it.

Glad everything turned out OK.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Wow! Some story. Glad all of you are OK. The after action report was excellent, and shows good thinking on your part.

Anyone who thinks that they won't be scared in this situation, has never been through it. Natural events like tornado's, hurricanes, earthquakes, massive fires, etc., make us realize we are very small and fragile indeed.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    The warm weather has costs in terms of violent weather.I'll take the cold weather with an occasional
    hurricane that may happen between June and November.I must confess living in the same area for
    51 years we are starting to see toronados in the Summer. It's 6 degrees right now ,the old pellet stove
    is running hard 80 pounds in 24 hours it's set at 75.Time to boil some water get some moisure in the air.
    it's only 28%and it needs to be in high 30-50 to get maximum confort.6 weeks more of this one or two
    noreasters to go though and then Spring.

We have a couple flashlights that are rechargeable that stay plugged in, when the lights go off at night the base shines like a nightlight so you can see them or find your way through a hallway. When the power goes out completely, the flashlights automatically turn on. Makes them super easy to find when you need them!! I still keep battery operated ones for backup in case a power outage lasts longer than the charge on the flashlight, but they give us immediate light which I love. We found them at Costco last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    We have a couple flashlights that are rechargeable that stay plugged in, when the lights go off at night the base shines like a nightlight so you can see them or find your way through a hallway. When the power goes out completely, the flashlights automatically turn on. Makes them super easy to find when you need them!! I still keep battery operated ones for backup in case a power outage lasts longer than the charge on the flashlight, but they give us immediate light which I love. We found them at Costco last year.
    Yes, that is very important. We have THESE throughout the house for that reason.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

VIP Member
    As an update, I have reflective tape installed down the stairs and on the path to the shelter under the house. The drawer in the room beside the trapdoor has been cleared of everything except flashlights. Battery operated touch LED lights are mounted under the light switches. Dynamo flashlights and lantern are on the way.

drawer.jpglight.jpgstairs.jpg
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links