US citizen - Page 4

US citizen

This is a discussion on US citizen within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by HAWKEYE50 Congrats, and Welcome to our Mess. How long did the process take? I have heard it is quite an ordeal. The ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: US citizen

Quote Originally Posted by HAWKEYE50 View Post
    Congrats, and Welcome to our Mess. How long did the process take? I have heard it is quite an ordeal.
    The process for me went very smoothy. you fill the application out and attach $680 check. a month later they send you a letter to go to courthouse and give fingerprints for FBI background check. month later you go to the interview if u pass than you have up to 90 days additional wait while they search your life for anything that will make them deny your application. and after that you get notice to come to neutralization ceremony that is it. the whole process takes 5-6 months. but one of my dads coworkers the additional waiting period was 3 years. it turned out that he had the same name as one of serbias war criminals and they took their time to check it.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Congratulations. Isn't it great to be American? Now go celebrate and go out shootin'.
    i felt American the first year i filed the taxes and on my 18th birthday signing the selective service form and my life away to uncle SAM if need be
    JoJoGunn likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    The process for me went very smoothy. you fill the application out and attach $680 check. a month later they send you a letter to go to courthouse and give fingerprints for FBI background check. month later you go to the interview if u pass than you have up to 90 days additional wait while they search your life for anything that will make them deny your application. and after that you get notice to come to neutralization ceremony that is it. the whole process takes 5-6 months. but one of my dads coworkers the additional waiting period was 3 years. it turned out that he had the same name as one of serbias war criminals and they took their time to check it.
    Wow. That sounds like some kind of record for efficient processing. You've no idea how lucky you got.
    I knew a guy who went to that address they gave him for fingerprinting, only to find out it didn't exist, that they had
    sent out 10,000 notices with wrong addresses on them, and had done nothing to notify people of the error.
    The fellow who went on the 100 + mile each way goose chase was then working for Uncle through some special
    arrangement (normally Uncle can only hire US Citizens). It took our secretary, a woman who knew the nooks and
    crannies and the contacts of everyone who was anyone in government, 3 days to figure out what had gone wrong.
    The whole thing delayed his acquisition of citizenship by about 6 months; by which time his boss was no longer willing to make him a regular employee. So the mess up really cost the guy.

My wife's processing was put on hold for a full year simply because we moved from IA to TX.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Congratulations

way to go my friend
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Congratulations.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    CONGRATULATIONS!! And Welcome!

Congrats

Congratulations and WELCOME. You will appreciate it more than most everyone else you meet.

Cheers!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Congratulations!! Welcome home.

US citizen

That is great! You must feel so proud!

Congratulations and jubilations
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Allow me to join in the chorus of well wishers and welcome you as a fellow citizen. Congratulations!
    "The only thing I'm an expert about is my experience."

Congratulations!

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    ^^ What they said, minus any sarcasm.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Congratulations ! I am 13th generation American,my desendants partiscapated in everywar to keep the freedoms we
    all enjoy today.You will be the startof the family tree that begins in your American experience.America has it's faults
    but it still the best country in the world.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links