please drive safe

This is a discussion on please drive safe within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Please drive safe out there. A teammate I used to race bikes with recently had the unthinkable hit his family. His 2 nephews who used ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By DaveCO
  • 1 Post By Brad426

Thread: please drive safe

please drive safe

Please drive safe out there.

A teammate I used to race bikes with recently had the unthinkable hit his family. His 2 nephews who used to come watch us race when they were younger were out on a bike ride with their father. A car plowed through the 3 of them killing the youngest boy at 13 years old.

driving is not the time to check your phone.
    driving is not the time to have a snack.
    driving is not the time to thumb through your music.

driving is only the time for your full attention.

2. Remove Ads

Amen. So many things can happen that aren't in your control, so control the things you can. I couldn't take knowing I had killed someone (especially a child) because I was doing something unnecessarily stupid.

Prayers for your friend and his family.
    DaveCO likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I agree down here I've never seen so many bad drivers in my life,I've seen them driving 1/2 in their lane and 1/2 in designated bike lanes,After years of driving and seldom ever needing to use my horn,it's a daily thing down here
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links