Lost my best friend yesterday

This is a discussion on Lost my best friend yesterday within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Today I had to make the heartwrenching decision to say good-bye to my Sleeping Partner, Protector, Bottomless Pit & and most of all my best ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Lost my best friend yesterday

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar

Lost my best friend yesterday

Today I had to make the heartwrenching decision to say good-bye to my Sleeping Partner, Protector, Bottomless Pit & and most of all my best friend Rocky. My Family owned this beloved pet for a little more than 11 years. After 24 hrs of not eating but would drink then this morning he would walk 3 steps and fall over so we took him to the vet and we just knew something was off cause he was not fighting the vet or techs at all. I think he knew it was his time to go. He laid there and would look up at us to as to tell us let me go. I am suffering so after great pain we made the decision to let him go peaceful and put him to sleep. I was able to bring my best friend home one last time and lay him to rest in the yard he protected and roamed for the past 11 years. And my family was able to keep our promise we made to always take care and love him until he was called home. So I ask for prayers to help guide me through this.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Sorry for your loss I have lost too many pets ,and all were loved and remembered .

Been there and will be there again. Such a tough time..... I an so sorry for ya'lls loss.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Very sorry for your loss. Know the feeling all to well and feel for you, and your family.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Maybe you'll meet again. We have three all from the same litter. I dread the day we must do the same.
    Build your own! http://www.ktordnance.com/kto/

Jetico.......BC Wipe

I had to say goodbye to my coonhound right after New Years. It's a gut wrenching experience every time. Always a sad and sorrowful day. I am very sorry for your loss, buddy. I'll keep you in my prayers.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I've said goodbye to many a furry friend and understand your grief. We do for them what we can't do for our family loved ones. Hopefully, someday, we will all be together again.
    "Do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times. - Gabe Suarez

OD*
    I'm very sorry for your loss, my deepest condolences.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

...that's the thing about pets: They love you and they are always faithful to you, but you know you get to enjoy that for a sjhort time only... Gotta really embrace them when they are with us, and keep embracing their memory once they are gone... Remember too, dogs with a family live the most happy, fulfilled life you can imagine; they have no regrets, no sorrow, just one happy day after another until there are no more days, then they go away, happy....
    Bark'n, OD*, got2hav1 and 3 others like this.

So sorry for your loss.....they truly are man's best friend.....he'll be waitin' for ya.
    OD* likes this.

A Dog's Prayer

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside... for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements... and I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth... though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land... for you are my god... and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest...and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

--Beth Norman Harris
    OD*, Bark'n, blitzburgh and 8 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    RIP for your best friend

...I cry with you...and pray for your comfort...
    OD* and tcox4freedom like this.

I feel your pain.

Had to do that same thing December 21, 2012 to our old dog. Like you, I brought her body back home and with the help of my father, we buried her in the back yard in a spot that I had picked out. I don't think I have cried as much that day than in a long time.

But take comfort that your companion was with you, gave you blessings and is waiting patiently on the other side for your arrival. I have no doubts that the souls of dogs are a God given thing and we will be reunited with them. I think that Dog spelled backwards is God.

God is with you my friend, He knows the pain you must endure but will give you the peace that you need. I offer my prayer that you find it during this time.
    OD*, Jeanlouise and FlaRon like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Just recently lost both of my labs to cancer. My wife and I miss them terribly, but I know they were well cared for and happy all their lives. You have our prayers.
    OD* likes this.
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links