I saw the movie "Bravo!" today, you should too.

This is a discussion on I saw the movie "Bravo!" today, you should too. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The movie by Ken Burns is about the siege at Khe Sahn, of which he is a veteran. While I am not a Vietnam veteran, ...

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar

The movie by Ken Burns is about the siege at Khe Sahn, of which he is a veteran. While I am not a Vietnam veteran, i am a student of history and enjoyed the film. While is does not have action and gore, it does have many first-person interviews and left me as moved as my first viewing of "Saving Pvt Ryan". Look for it when it travels to your area.

Here is a 2 hour first run movie like you will never see anywhere else, not at any theater since it is shown only privately. This film was made by Ken Rodgers who lived the whole experience with Bravo Co. 1st Battalion 26th Marines. This is about the 77 day siege of Khe Sanh starting 21 January 1968 during the Tet offensive. It also covers the ‘ill fated ‘Ghost Patrol” of 25 February and subsequent action in retaliation such as ”The Pay Back” battle on 30 March which was the only Marine Corps bayonet charge in Vietnam history and the only one since World War 2.
    Less than 100 men participated and 19 were KIA. There was over 100 Purple Hearts earned that day some men having multiple wounds. Other awards were 2 Navy Crosses, 8 silver Stars, 9 Bronze stars with “V” devices, 2 Navy Commendations with “V” devices. One hell of a heroic day! Flyer: VVA391 | NEVER AGAIN Will One Generation of Veterans Abandon Another.
    Main website : Bravo! Common Men, Uncommon Valor | Indiegogo
    Last edited by Arborigine; May 19th, 2013 at 12:02 PM.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Sounds awesome. I will check it out. Thanks! My history students always complain that history classes are only about wars. While it is, there is so much you can learn and discern from a country's military history.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Links