RIP Baby Girl

This is a discussion on RIP Baby Girl within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sitting here with a heavy heart this morning. Have a standard routine everyday. Get up, get ready for work, then go downstairs and go to ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: RIP Baby Girl

VIP Member

RIP Baby Girl

Sitting here with a heavy heart this morning. Have a standard routine everyday. Get up, get ready for work, then go downstairs and go to the kitchen to feed the cats. My oldest female was always in the kitchen to greet me and make sure I filled her food bowl properly. This morning she wasn't there to greet me. Didn't think much of it, since she did on occasion decide I could do it unsupervised and would wait for me by the back door. Got to the living room and there she was on the couch. Went over to give her a pet, that is when I realized she was gone. Sometime during the night she departed this world. It appears she went peacefully.

She had been my baby girl for 13 years. A sweeter cat, you couldn't ask for. I've spent many hours on DC with her laying in my lap, purring. Her name was Maggie May. The day we got her, we were on the way home, talking about names. Rod Stewart came on the radio singing Maggie May. As soon as it started, she started nuzzling the wife on the arm and hand. Joking I ask her if that was her new name. She turned to me, nuzzled and meowed. She had chosen her name.

Maggie was a Persian-Siamese mix. She had the short stocky Persian body with the short hair and coloration of a Seal Point Siamese. Big round ice blue eyes that could just melt your heart. She was always happiest when she was laying in my lap.

I know I'll see her and my other babies again at the Rainbow Bridge, but for now the tears of loss will flow to help ease the pain and loss. RIP Maggie May, you were and are loved.
    rogertc1 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

I am so sorry. I know how they are more like kids than pets. My most sincere condolences.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

My sincere condolences, archer51.

Your story really hits home; we have a Siamese/Tabby that has everyone wrapped around his paw, and a Bombay that never met a stranger. You really get attached to them.

Cherish your memories, and be thankful that your beloved Maggie May left this world peacefully and you didn't have to put her down. We had to do that last year with our Sabby, who we had before my daughter was born.

Hang in there, and know that you and your family gave her a good life.

mkh
    Sorry to hear about that Archer.

As much time as she spent on DC it's like we lost one of our own. Hang in there man.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about your loss. She sounds like a wonderful girl.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

...sorry for your sorrow...there ain't much unconditional love to be found in this world...and we treasure it when we find some...

VIP Member
    I think I understand your loss. We had a mostly siamese mix (seal point) that I caught as a wild kitten. Everyday I'd catch him and hold him in my lap, while wearing welding gloves (I mentioned he was WILD). I got lucky and tamed him, and not thinking about it in the process he bonded very strongly with me. He and I were buddies, he was a great mouser and a smart cat.

He'd sit on my lap pretty much anywhere I was, it seemed we could look at each other and know what the other was thinking. He loved "his" house and living here. I saw to it that when he developed cancer, I'd take care of him as long as possible. When he got too weak to take care of himself, I euthanized him while he lay on my lap. It was a very sad day, he lived to be 13. We still talk about him pretty regularly.

Sorry for your loss.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

So sorry for your loss......our Whiskers passed on in my arms during Hurricane Sandy....hang in there........she'll be waitin' for ya.

Sorry about your loss. I dont know who deserves the credit for this quote, but it's one that has stuck with me. "Dont cry because it's over, smile because it happened".

They capture our hearts, ask for little in return, and leave us too soon. We all share in your sorrow.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Senior Moderator
    Sorry to hear that, I know how cats can work their way into our hearts
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

It is so tough. Sounds like she went peacefully in a spot she enjoyed.
    phreddy likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

OD*
    My sincere condolences for your loss.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Sorry to hear. Our non-human friends are often more dedicated than our human ones.
    mano3 likes this.

Archer,

Like so many of us here, we have all lost a beloved pet and yes we feel your pain. I want to say that I do understand it. Thank you for the description of Maggie May (great song by the way) and the joy she brought in her short stay with you.

Reading your post, I couldn't help tearing up a bit remembering the loss of my old dog recently. I'm with you buddy in your grief.

May the Peace of God be with you and remain with you always!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links