A Second Front In My War Against Cancer - Page 2

A Second Front In My War Against Cancer

This is a discussion on A Second Front In My War Against Cancer within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by JimmyC Your words of encouragement, and especially your prayers, will be most appreciated. I'll thank you now, since I don't know that ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Second Front In My War Against Cancer

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post
    Your words of encouragement, and especially your prayers, will be most appreciated. I'll thank you now, since I don't know that I'll be able to personally acknowledge every effort that's made.
    That you've got, Jimmy. There are many success stories of those that have beat cancer and I think you can beat this one. Prostate cancer is one that current medical procedures can cure. I have now known three different people that have had prostate cancer and are alive, well and doing fine years after their surgery and I believe you can do it to. They all had dark times when first diagnosed but made the decision to fight it as hard as they could. That is how you succeed. Fight it hard, we'll be with ya....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    Jimmy, you will be in my prayers. I also want to say a word of thanks to you. That may sound strange, but I feel it is appropriate here. Thank you for being man enough to admit that no matter how strong a man is there are times and circumstances when he needs support. Many of us seem to think that admitting a need makes us less of a man, but in my book it makes you more of one.

Secondly, I'd like to say thank you for allowing us to be part of your support group. We here at Combat Carry have something special. This group, more than any forum I know of, is a big family. When someone shares a problem or a joy it just proves again that these people who make up this group are the best. I have mentioned on a couple of occasions a line from a book that seems to fit this group: It is a place where shared pain is lessened and shared joy is increased. You have proved that it continues to be true.

Keep up the fight and we will be backing you up.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    May God grant you serenity in your trials, you are in my prayers.

We are all with you Jimmy, and always will be. God bless.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

In Thoughts and Prayers...

you will have a place here...

Stay strong...we are thinking of you...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Jimmy,

Please know that you will be in our families thoughts and daily prayers. Even though we are just cyber friends on a couple of forums, I have come to respect you greatly, and I thank you for your words of wisdom and support you gave me through my tough times last summer.

Take care, fight the good fight and know that you have MANY friends pulling for you that are there if you need them. Feel free to email me any time.

My best to you compadre.
    Regards,
    Dino

-NRA Member
    -IDPA Member
    -IHMSA Member
    -Beretta Addict (but I do own 1911's, and even a couple of wheelguns too!)
    -I also have GAS (Gun Addiction Syndrome)

Jimmy,

First off - thanks so much for your sacrifice in Vietnam.

Secondly - thanks also for sharing your personal struggle. Perhaps hopefully your burden is just a bit lighter because you've shared it with a group of great guys and gals who'll be in your corner with you.

And most importantly - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you continue your fight.

God heal and bless,
    Eric
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

JimmyC: First, thank you for your service to our Country (as well as all veterans), and second - keep a positive attitude, keep fighting, and know we're all pulling for you.

Your words of encouragement, and especially your prayers, will be most appreciated.
    You've got it friend. Even though most of us haven't met (face to face or voice) it doesn't mean that friendships can't develope. I will say that everyone on CC are like my brothers and sisters and as such are just as much my family as in real life.

Take care Sir, and thank you for your service. My father may be alive today because of you and people like yourself who ensured that their brothers in arms had a chance to make it home from that war.

Thank you for watching his six and sending him back home to me so he could be a father, and a friend.

Wayne

I'm choked up by your responses...God bless all of you as well. I had never even looked at this part of the forum, I'm glad I did, and will surely pray for others in need who frequent this forum.

No further news on my situation; it will be some weeks before I know the plan. I'll be sure to share it here.

Now, back to talking guns, which is a great diversion from one's troubles.

We had to cancel our two-month reservation for a condo for winter. The owner was very understanding, and even though he didn't have to, he returned our deposit. So, my wife thought it was a good idea to buy a gun with it...once I get the deal worked out, I'll be sharing some pics of that new baby.

Garg, it won't be a 642, but it will be close, kind of a "barbecue gun takeoff" of a 642 if you will.....
    Last edited by JimmyC4; November 20th, 2006 at 10:34 PM.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    Jimmy,
    I will keep you in my prayers. Fight on, we have your back. Friends are hard to come by, and even though many of us here haven't met face to face, we are friends none the less.
    Thank you for defending this great country, and we owe more than health care to you my brother.
    Please keep us posted.
    your friend,
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

JimmyC,
    I'll add a prayer for you along with the ones I offer up for my wife who is fighting her own seven-year battle against brain tumors.
    Would it be possible for you to winter in Jacksonville, Fla. or Phoenix or Scottsdale, Ariz, where there are also Mayo clinics?
    "Maintain the combat stance in everyday life,
    and make your everyday stance your combat stance."
    - Miyamoto Musashi

Greetings Eldo...I recall we visited some over at Beretta Forum!

For now, I've got to work through Minneapolis VA Med Ctr. I've requested that this be managed on a fee basis at Mayo Clinic, but haven't gotten approval yet.

However, with surgery followed by chemo or other treatment, I'd rather be at my home with family around. We cancelled the trip south, but hope to head out to CA to visit friends in March if all goes well.

My prayers that you and your wife prevail against her illness.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Jimmy, I will also keep you in my prayers. Keep your chin up, you have a lot of people pulling for you. I would also like to thank you for your service to our country.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the Congress is in session."
    Mark Twain
    S&W M&P 40

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post
    Garg, it won't be a 642, but it will be close, kind of a "barbecue gun takeoff" of a 642 if you will.....
    I don't mean to seem callous her, BUT I WANT PICTURES!!!!!

Ok, I'd actually settle for you and your wife having the best possible Thanksgiving, but pictures would be cool too!

Be well sir, you have many wishing and praying for the best.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links