Kansas Driving: Road Conditions K-96 or US-50?

This is a discussion on Kansas Driving: Road Conditions K-96 or US-50? within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We're driving to central Kansas and I haven't been on K-96 or US-50 in ages. Ya'll have any preferences? Mileage and time are almost the ...

Thread: Kansas Driving: Road Conditions K-96 or US-50?

We're driving to central Kansas and I haven't been on K-96 or US-50 in ages. Ya'll have any preferences? Mileage and time are almost the same, so road condition is really the only difference.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I've only been north and south through Kansas. No help there.

Been missing seeing you here for the "fun and frolic."

Just sayin'.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

VIP Member
    Did you lose a bet?

50 is probably better but I haven't been on 96 in a while. The town I live in is on 50 so that is the primary road for my travels. Between Garden City and Dodge City there tends to be a lot of traffic and few passing opportunities of course it's only a 50 mile stretch. Be safe and have fun.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

kind of all depends upon where you want to end up ???

If you are jumping on .... where they meet up East of Pueblo .... and going EAST ... to central Kansas..... Hutch area, etc...... then depends upon what you want to see, etc.
    I think if like more isolation and smaller towns, go K-96 (but good road), if you want to hit several larger towns / cities go US-50.... which will also slow your trip down for each town/city you hit.
    You want less traffic..... K96, more traffic & more gas stations .... US-50.

So,
    * more traffic, more towns, more people with higher used highway, and more gas stations .... US -50.

* more road, less traveled, more open view, more cows and crops, and smaller towns with a lot less traffic .... and some good small town places to eat ...... K-96.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Sponsored Links