Going Home :smile:

This is a discussion on Going Home :smile: within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, my year in Korea is coming to an end, and I will be going back to my family next week. My wife has already ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going Home :smile:

Well, my year in Korea is coming to an end, and I will be going back to my family next week. My wife has already bought a house and moved herself and our 2 boys to our new duty station (She is awesome, the hardest job in the military is a military spouse). I will now be able to change my location from Korea to Crestview, FL (maybe I'll see Craig45 around). I already have my CCW paperwork filled out, and I just need to get my fingerprints done and mail off the application. I am still planning on getting the S&W M&P .40, although I have never actually seen a real one. I guess I will make my final decision when I get to actually hold one. I would also like to pick up a small pistol like the Glock 26 for my wife (if I can convince her), or for me to carry if the M&P is to big for some situations.
    Finally, I would like to thank all of the members here for making my time go by faster. It is always the highlight of my day to come home and go through the forum. It amazes me that you can have so many people from around the world, different ages, sex, races and economic means, come together and have rational discussions about various topics and do it in a civilized manner (There is hope for our country).
    I will be packing and sending my computer out soon, so I will not be able to access the forum for my last few days here , and then of course I will be busy with my family (My wife booked us on a cruise for when I get back - did I mention that she was awesome). It will probably be a few weeks until I will be able to check back in. Thank you all again and I will hopefully be back to the forum soon.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the Congress is in session."
    Mark Twain
    S&W M&P 40

VIP Member
    Congratulations, Mike...

Safe travels, and welcome home!..
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Awesome...glad to hear you are coming back stateside.

Have a safe trip when you take it.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Assistant Administrator
    Great news Mike - this will be some homecoming I am sure.

Kudos to your lady wife for obviously getting many things sorted out in advance.

As soon as you are back in ol' Fladah - drop back in when you can - it'll feel good I can be sure of that
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Michael...First...

Thanks for what you do...

Ahead of time..."Welcome back!"

Where is Crestview? I'm in Gainesville...

Stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

DC Founder
    Great, Mike, glad to have you coming home. We'll be here waiting for you when you get back....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    Welcome home, Mike!

Lead Moderator
    I'd say have a good trip back, but having made the trip from Korea to the States twice I know there is no other kind.

So, have a SAFE trip back, I hope you do bring some good memories of your tour back with you.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Glad you're on the way; have fun on the cruise; then let us know how it was! Congratulations!!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Welcome back and safe journey....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

VIP Member
    Mike, hurry home. We'll miss you while your computer is packed up and you are in transit, but know you will be loving every minute since each one is a minute closer to home. Look forward to you jumping back in. When you get back are you going to ask Bumper to changer your user name? How about: The Member Formerly Known as osanmike? Probably not. Anyway let us hear from you as soon as you can after your return.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Welcome back and welcome to FL! Have a safe trip home.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I know how it is when your tour of duty is up in some god forsakin land and you step foot back onto the rich soil of these United States of America (not saying korea is bad, it's just not America).

Have a safe trip home and I used to live in Florida, McAlpin (it's that blep between Live Oak and Branford) and used to travel to Jacksonville and Gainsville alot.

Welcome home and be sure to hug/kiss your wife, my Mom was a military spouse and she knows how tough of a job that can be. I don't really remember my father really thanking her for the job that she did (but he may have, I just don't know).

Wayne

Administrator
    osanmike

Please get "set back up" as soon as you can...once you arrive in and give us all the chance to give you a huge Welcome HOME! once you are again on American soil.
    Have a safe and uneventful journey back home.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Crestview huh ?? Must be coming back to Eglin. Name to remember for weapons is Jay's Gun's and Accessories. It's downtown. He is retired AF. Tell him your AF and you'll get a discount.

Welcome home. -------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links