What I do know

What I do know

This is a discussion on What I do know within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hi, This I do know, you all have overwhelmed me with love and kindness and I'm forever grateful ~ thank every one of you for ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: What I do know

Distinguished Member

What I do know

Hi,
    This I do know, you all have overwhelmed me with love and kindness and I'm forever grateful ~ thank every one of you for the kind words, you ALL really touched my heart.

Had the EMG today, yup, they electrocute you and then the doc stuck long needles in my legs and arms. Quite honestly the pain wasn't as bad as it sounds, just turned my head and thought of eating ice cream.

Don't have Neuropathy...more test required, doc sent me for blood work and they will call and schedule for an MRI. He said he is now looking for MS, Lupus or RA.

Was blessed where the job is concerned. Talked w/ boss and told her the doc want's me off the legs, they have found me work sitting. Really nice folks, sure do need the money. At first they said I would have to take a medical leave but called back an hour later and asked if I wanted to work in the only position they had that they have a place to sit most of the time.

In my book, this just goes to show if you are faithful to God with your tithe AND spending time with His word, He will make sure you are taken care of (like the lilies and the sparrows).

Thank you all again,
    I will be praying for blessings to come your way just as you have been a blessing.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

Really glad the news is good. It's wonderful to have a boss who understands and treats you well. Will keep you in my prayers.
    GhostMaker likes this.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    Really glad the news is good. It's wonderful to have a boss who understands and treats you well. Will keep you in my prayers.
    Hi Lionround,
    Not sure if the news is really that good considering but am trying to stay positive. Think I'd rather have the neuropathy than the other three, not to mention without insurance these test are expensive ~ but yes, it really is wonderful to have a boss that understands, esp since the job is only 3 months old.

Thank you for the prayers, I do believe that God intercedes when we pray for each other. You are very kind.
    gasmitty likes this.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

A testament once again to the fact that people are generally good and DC is full of great people. I hope in the end things turn out well for you.
    Sister likes this.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Sister,

I have been down that same path and there will be days that just getting out of bed will be the accomplishment for that day. What I have learned from it all that you will surprise yourself. It will first feel as if your life as you knew is over, but in the end you will see that your life is going to be greater than you ever thought it could be. You will learn things about yourself you never wanted to know and in those things will give you strength you never knew you had. Just remember, get up each day and make it the best day you can.
    Sister likes this.

Well, best wishes, again. And I hope you get an answer soon! Sometimes not knowing can be the toughest part - it's easy to start imagining the worst, so remember to think of the best sometimes, too.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Nix
    Be patient; I know the process can be frustrating and worrisome. Best wishes for good news and better health.

You're still in our thoughts! So............I have a 10,000 volt six joule stock fence I'm afraid to grab. Sounds like the EMG is worse. If I ever hit it I'll try to think of ice cream.

Glad you're back. Your employer sounds special.
    oneshot, Sister and pgrass101 like this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Keep believing in yourself and the Creator as those are the two most powerful things in the universe, the third are the prayers that everyone hear on DC are sending your way.
    Sister likes this.

Prayers and best wishes to you, Sister.
    Rock and Glock and Sister like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

VIP Member
    I don't know how, but I totally missed the other thread going on, and for that, I sincerely apologize.

You will be in my thoughts and I do hope that all comes out as well as possible for you. I'm sure that it's hard to stare down something like this and stay strong, but strong is how you must stay and hopefully we can do just a little bit to help buoy you up for the road ahead.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    "Don't have Neuropathy..."...Great news there....

"doc sent me for blood work and they will call and schedule for an MRI. He said he is now looking for MS, Lupus or RA."....nerve wracking procedure (loud noise)..but piece of cake...

So far we are dealing with manageable items...and could be much less than any of those mentioned...Blood test probably will point in a given direction to follow.

God's hand to guide you and protect you....Stay positive...See doors are already opening (work).....
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Best wishes are going your way!
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    I'm glad to hear you don't have Neuropathy, as for the others, they are immune system disorders and I happen to have one of them (RA). They are all treatable, and can be controlled with the right meds. If (and I hope you do not) you have one of these, the important thing is to have a Dr. you trust and have faith in. My Dr. is great and we see eye to eye on proper meds, as in lesser is better. I'm certainly not giving advice on that though, just understand that you have options.
    Good luck to you.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    ― Edward R. Murrow
    After all, when the Supreme Court twice comes within one vote of ruling that the Second Amendment of the U.S. Bill of Rights isnt an individual right, Americans have a right to be concerned.

I'll give you props for saying the EMG pain wasn't that bad....those suuuuuuuuuuck! More good thoughts your way!
    Every day without a negligent discharge is a good day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links