Can it get any worse

This is a discussion on Can it get any worse within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hi guys and gals of D.C. I just recently lost my wife of 29 years to suicide. And now my dad has lost a years ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Can it get any worse

Can it get any worse

Hi guys and gals of D.C. I just recently lost my wife of 29 years to suicide. And now my dad has lost a years battle with cancer. It has been a double wammy for me and its been a tough road. I was expecting my dads battle with the bad c word. But my wife taking her own life. Im really having a hard time with it. Im sorry to rant and vent here to you guys. But just asking to keep us in your thoughts and prayers to help get us through these tough times would be greatly appreciated. Again sorry for venting to you all. But there is a great bunch of folks here and I feel Im part of a great family here on this forum. Thanks for takin the time to read this and God Bless you all.

2. Remove Ads

I've kept you in my prayers since you told us about your wife. Sorry about your father. Hang in there, brother.
    sixgun likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Four lines hardly constitutes a rant, and even if it was, I don't think anyone would begrudge you. I lost many in a short period a few years back, and can appreciate how tough it is. Best thoughts, keep paddling.
    OD*, atctimmy, Sister and 3 others like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

OD*
    I am so very sorry to hear this.

Continued prayers for you and yours.
    sixgun likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

VIP Member
    Prayers that you and your family find peace. Hang in there Sixgun.
    sixgun likes this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Will do, man. I can't imagine now tough things are for you right now. Stay strong.

And you sure don't have to apologize. We've all lost somebody. If anything, your sharing your story with us reminds us to appreciate our own loved ones, both those gone and those still with us, and that can't be a bad thing.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

I consider the people on this forum to be friends, maybe even family. We're here for you. Life can seem terrible at times but know that you have the ability to get through those times and we'll be here to lend an ear when you need to talk.
    OD*, Sister and sixgun like this.

Keeping you and yours in my thoughts.
    sixgun likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Administrator
    A very tragic double loss that you are suffering through. Stay Strong.
    sixgun likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member
    I'm so sorry sixgun. How terrible to lose either of them. You and your family will be in my prayers that God will help you find some peace in your life.
    sixgun likes this.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    You continue to be in our prayers. May the good Lord give you the strength to overcome this trial. Don't you dare worry about this "rant", you are entitled.
    sixgun likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    A Psalm from David:

How long, Lord ? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? Look on me and answer, Lord my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death, and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,” and my foes will rejoice when I fall. But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the Lord ’s praise, for he has been good to me. (Psalm 13:1-6 NIV)
    BugDude, sixgun and blitzburgh like this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Sixgun, sorry for your loss. I've read somewhere that God doesn't burden a person with a struggle or an obstacle that he can't handle. In other words, we are supposed to be strong enough to handle anything that comes our way! So know that you have the strength to survive this current period. Plus, you have your Guardian Angels keeping an eye over you. You can get through this!
    sixgun likes this.

“Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.” Thomas Paine

An unimaginable burden. I hope you can somehow seek and find some manner of peace in The Lord. You and your family will be in my prayers. If there's anything I can do to help you in any way, please feel free to PM me.
    sixgun likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Sixgun,

<religious talk on>
    <religious talk off>

Actually, you probably you don't need that right now, not to mention forum rules. I *do* have stuff to say; PM me if/when you're interested.

But for now, let me tell you that 1) I can't imagine the hurt you're going through; 2) I care; and 3) I will certainly be praying. And if you'll tolerate a little bit of religious talk, the one I'm praying to has been through pretty rough times himself, he understands, he cares, and he offers comfort.

Sad for your losses...

-Paymeister
    sixgun and phreddy like this.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links