Today is 9/11

This is a discussion on Today is 9/11 within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Prayers for everyone we lost on 9/11/01 Prayers for the families of everyone we lost on 9/11/01 Prayers for the men & women in our ...

Like Tree22Likes
  • 3 Post By 1MoreGoodGuy
  • 3 Post By Old_Dog
  • 2 Post By 1MoreGoodGuy
  • 2 Post By Stoveman
  • 3 Post By blitzburgh
  • 3 Post By 1MoreGoodGuy
  • 1 Post By StevePVB
  • 1 Post By welder516
  • 2 Post By Unisaw
  • 1 Post By glockman10mm
  • 1 Post By 1MoreGoodGuy

Thread: Today is 9/11

Today is 9/11

Prayers for everyone we lost on 9/11/01
    Prayers for the families of everyone we lost on 9/11/01
    Prayers for the men & women in our military who we lost since 9/11/01
    Prayers for the families of the men & women in our military who we lost since 9/11/01
    Prayers for everyone we lost on 9/11/12
    Prayers for the families of everyone we lost on 9/11/12
    Prayers for everyone we lost since 9/11/01
    Prayers for the families of everyone we lost since 9/11/01
    Prayers for us all
    Prayers for These United States of America
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Thanks for your post as I lost a family member on 9/11. I wrote a blog post on what I experienced that day watching it happen. It made me sad to remember it again.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Dog View Post
    Thanks for your post as I lost a family member on 9/11. I wrote a blog post on what I experienced that day watching it happen. It made me sad to remember it again.
    I am sorry for your loss.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
    Black Knight and blitzburgh like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

VIP Member
    It's one of those days that people of our generation will never forget where they were or what they were doing when it all went down, much like Pearl Harbor, JFK assassination or the moon landing.

In our neck of the woods it was terrifying. After the Pentagon was hit DC closed the Metro, people were stranded with no way to get home, streets were clogged with people trying to get the hell out of dodge and wondering where Flight 93 was going to strike.

Yes, indeed I will never forget....

Prayers up.
    1MoreGoodGuy and blitzburgh like this.

Earlier while in the car with my girlfriend, I was telling her how it seems like it happened just yesterday. I remember exactly what I was doing, where I was, and what I was wearing.

I was in the middle of a Speech (giving) class and my school had TV's in every room. Before the start of every class, our speech teacher would play the news for about 10 minutes and always stressed the importance of keeping up with current events, all over the world. Out of nowhere, the terrifying message and video was shown and we all watched, most of us in tears, with horror and complete disbelief. It seriously felt like we were being attacked from all angles and we all thought more and more was to come. Very shortly afterwards, we were all on our way home. My dad was shipped out shortly afterwards. I'll never forget that day, ever.

Just a side note.. while watching my niece and girlfriend's daughter playing together yesterday in the yard, I had the news on the porch TV to see if there was any updates on Syria. Being the day before 9/11 and the current mess we have going on, really drove home just how innocent children are. There they are in the yard, getting dirty as all get out, laughing, smiling, and having a blast with no clue about what's going on in the world and what has gone on. I pray that when they grow up, they never have to experience anything similar but I'm positive that's just wishful thinking.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Great blog Old_Dog I remember 9/11 - a first hand account of the horror on that day | The Old Gunhand
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

I do remember what I was doing. This was before I retired and I traveled constantly. September 10 I flew in from Cleveland and got home and in bed at about 2:30 AM on the 11th. My sister called and woke me up -- she knew a little about my travel schedule, was scared, and wanted to know if I was home. She asked if I knew what was happening. She told me to turn on the TV.

I was so mad, hurt, confused, hateful, revengeful, and a lot of other emotions.
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.

VIP Member
    Thank you for writting it down, i read every word and felt the emotion from the words . Bless you Old Dog
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Old Dog, I'm sorry for your loss.

I too remember what I was doing as I was in midtown Manhattan, about 3 miles from the WTC, for a business meeting. Just as I was closing my hotel room door to go down to the meeting room, the TV broadcast that a small plane had crashed into one of the towers. I went on down to the meeting and told everyone about it. One person was late to the meeting but we went ahead and started without him. He eventually showed up and told us he had seen a second plane (definitely an airliner) fly into the other tower. Some time later, another person found out by phone that the Pentagon had been hit. At that point, it really sank in that the country was under attack and we decided our meeting wasn't at all important. (Ironically, it was a meeting of a risk management committee). We tried to reach our families but, by then, it was almost impossible to get a call out. We soon found out that all transportation in and out of Manhattan had been shut down. To make a long story short, I was eventually able to get out the evening of 9/12 by taking a train out of Penn Station.

I've been very lucky compared to a lot of people -- I didn't lose any family members or friends during the attacks or the subsequent wars. However, the sight of all of the ash-covered emergency vehicles, people running uptown, the local TV coverage of people jumping to their deaths and the towers collapsing, and the smoke cloud still engulfing lower Manhattan as the train left the city, are things I'll never forget.

God bless those who lost friends and family in the attacks, and all of those service members who have subsequently paid such a high price.
    welder516 and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.

Thank you for posting.

I believe we should be reminded every day so we will remain focused on the type of enemy we are dealing with until their eradication from earth.
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Have You Forgotten?
    Unisaw likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Links