"Sweet Lorraine" (song) ...... a man's memory of his wife & life (75 yrs together)

"Sweet Lorraine" (song) ...... a man's memory of his wife & life (75 yrs together)

This is a discussion on "Sweet Lorraine" (song) ...... a man's memory of his wife & life (75 yrs together) within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 96 yr old entered a Music writing contest...... his 'song' ... is # 9 on iTunes right now. "Sweet Lorraine " was written for his ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By Eagleks
  • 3 Post By Harryball

Thread: "Sweet Lorraine" (song) ...... a man's memory of his wife & life (75 yrs together)

96 yr old entered a Music writing contest...... his 'song' ... is # 9 on iTunes right now. "Sweet Lorraine " was written for his wife , a woman he knew for 75 yrs, and was married to for 73 yrs.

Featured Video - Media - Mike Huckabee

Miley Cyrus took a lot of flak this week for her raunchy performance at the MTV Video Awards. But she was hardly alone. Most of the performers stripped down, cursed and gyrated in crude ways. They think that’s what it takes to sell a song. But they’re wrong. Ask Fred Stobaugh of Illinois. Last April, he lost his wife of 73 years, Lorraine. Fred says she was the prettiest girl he ever saw, and he fell in love at first sight. After her death, he was sitting alone when he started humming a simple tune about her and wrote it down. He called it “Oh Sweet Lorraine.” He entered it in a songwriting contest. The sponsor, Green Shoe Studio, couldn’t accept a handwritten song, but they were so moved, they produced the song, with a video telling the story behind it. Well, the video went viral. And this week, among all the sex-drenched tunes by Lady Gaga and Robin Thicke, you’ll find “Oh Sweet Lorraine,” 96-year-old Fred Stobaugh’s song of undying love for his late wife, perched at #9 on iTunes’ top 10 chart. I hope it makes it to number one, as a reminder that all a song really needs to be popular is for it to touch our hearts. - Mike Huckabee

I found this : https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/oh...ob/id676472051

If you have any 'heart' at all .... you'll love what they did....
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

That is very touching, We should be so blessed to have what they have...Thanks for sharing. The video at the link you posted was acting up, so I youtubed it....

Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member
    Beautiful lyrics. Great song.

That is a great song. I sit here now typing this on our 48th Anniversary. My how the time fly's. My wife is sitting in her chair talking to
    my mother. This year would have been mom and dads anniversary 73rd, but dad passed back on December 27, 2012.
    They were Blessed in their marriage, I have also been Blessed in mine. The song was almost an anniversary gift to us. Thanks for posting.
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

I think the 'story' ... in the first video and is reaction to them being willing to record it, and seeing his reaction when he first heard it ..... says it all.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links