Need some positive vibes, prayers, what have you..

This is a discussion on Need some positive vibes, prayers, what have you.. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A couple of weeks ago I went to the Co. Doctor for a physical (because I may have to wear a SCBA or a full ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Need some positive vibes, prayers, what have you..

A couple of weeks ago I went to the Co. Doctor for a physical (because I may have to wear a SCBA or a full face respirator, and I'm an ex smoker).

My Pulmonary function test results were bad... Doc sent me for an xray, especially since I had had chemical pneumonia from a chemical exposure many years ago at the same job...

Spot on my lung... She referred me to my personal doc, who ordered a CT scan... Ct scan showed the spots (yes, now plural) on my lungs were benign calcified granulomas (typical to smokers).

I was also scheduled for labs with my doc for a physical anyway... and my triglycerides and Cholesterol were all messed up... And the CT had also shown a prominent coronary calcification...

I attribute most of this to two years of pretty much inactivity doing the normal things around the acreage, in addition to a less strenuous job at work because I tore my rotator cuff at work 2.5 years ago and have been on physical restrictions since, which were just recently lifted.

I see a cardiologist tomorrow... whatever the coronary calcification is, it can be fixed with drugs, a stent, or bypass, I'm sure... but I'm also hoping that I can avoid doing that... Coronary Doc will probably order a stress test. Then I'll know more.

Thing is, I'm a private pilot... to pass a medical the heart stuff has to have been resolved to the FAA's satisfaction... and that could be 6 months out (I can live with that). I haven't flown in years but always wanted to keep that option open. I don't want that door to close.

In addition to all that, my labs showed a spike in my PSA, still below 4 which is good, but the PSA doubled over the course of a year... that's not so good... So I see a urologist sometime soon as well...

The hobgoblins of age are after me... and I'm only 57...

So, think good thoughts, say a prayer if you are so inclined... and wish me luck.

Thanks,

Charlie
    Recon1342 and gatorbait51 like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    My thoughts aren't worth crap, but prayer can be powerful.

'Praying for you this afternoon.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Good luck man !!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Good vibes, prayers and everything else sent your way oakchas. 'Course, coming all the way from CA I'll go ahead and send it twice due to significant voltage drop. A sincere good luck and best wishes to you with everything sir and if you do go flying again, just remember to keep the Bernoulli side up.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

hey charlie.we're with you.just to let you know if you need the stent it will be a piece of cake.i watched them do mine 3 years ago and i felt 20 years younger afterwards.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    In loving memory of my son Trey. *Aug 28 1982- Sept 1 2004*
    Gone from our home but not from our hearts.

the best to you Charlie prayers sent
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Praying for you my friend
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Oak, I wish I new of a forum friendly joke, but I do not. I wish you all the best in your journey, and am sending prayers. If you would like hit me with a PM with your digits. I would be more than happy to talk it out with you....

Tony
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Prayers sent keep us posted.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

just remember to keep a constent regime of "Lead Therapy" keep that stress down!

Good luck Sir, may your hospital visits be few, and range time be plentiful.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Thoughts and prayers sent.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Good luck Oakchas, my prayers are with you. If it makes you feel any better, my prostate has been screwing with me since I was 35! In all seriousness though, I wish you the best of luck and will be praying for positive test results. God Bless.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    You'll be in my family's prayers. Lets hope that should this door close another even better door will open.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

You've got my prayers and thoughts at this time.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    I'll be praying for you Charlie, especially tomorrow at your Drs appointment.

Sounds as if you're going in for your 57 year tune up. After that you'll be good for another 57 years. Get the extended warrenty, it's worth it.

The good part is that you're going to get this all done before Obamacare kicks in!

Take good care and let us know what the Dr says. It's not a HIPAA violation if YOU tell us.
    gatorbait51 and sixgun like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links