quick update

quick update

This is a discussion on quick update within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Doing ok--kind of worn out today--Wednesday walked 2 miles, ran the last 1/4 mile (but it was a SLOW jog). Then yesterday we went into ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: quick update

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar

quick update

Doing ok--kind of worn out today--Wednesday walked 2 miles, ran the last 1/4 mile (but it was a SLOW jog). Then yesterday we went into Billings to see the Oncologists--and I forgot to take my Aleeve in the morning (won't make that mistake again ).

News is a mixed bag--still waiting on the final pathology report to identify the sub-strain of cancer I have. The docs are discussing doing surgery again (whimper, whimper)--apparently where the surgeon cut along the lung to take a wedge out, he unknowlingly cut along a line of tissue that had cancer in it, so there is cancer still in the lung they left. It seems like its either surgery and then chemo, or no surgery but chemo and radiation simultaneously. They should be coming up with a plan this next week.

Scott
    gatorbait51 and 357and40 like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

I hate when the "mechanics" don't fix it right the first time...

I prayed for better doctorin' than that!

As an aside, ask about the recovery rate with chemo... I know some radiologic docs frown on Lung cancer and chemo... But that was 30 some odd years ago...

I hate to say it but it's up to you and yours to make sure you do due diligence to find the best possible treatment for you...Ask questions, ask success rates ask ask ask....
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    I do not suggest the taco pizza treatment. It is Chemo.. but.............
    Chaplain Scott likes this.

Thanks for the update. You are still in our prayers.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Stil praying for ya, Padre. Hang in there.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Thanks for the update. Still praying.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

In my thoughts, Sir.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

VIP Member
    Thanks for the update, Scott. I'm still praying that your next report is better than expected. You're doing well in the walking department!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Wishing you all the best my friend.. I'm begining to have my share of ailments myslef, I can certainly sympathize.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

We'll keep praying, you keep fighting!!!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member
    Nuts.

Not the best news, but I appreciate the update. 'Still holding you up in prayer.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    OK, news flash here. After starting this thread, the docs have come to a decision: Simultaneous chemo and radiation, starting on the 9th of Dec. We are still waiting on the final pathology report. Apparently there are some very specific sub-types of my cancer that are targeted thru attacking the proteins in that specific cancer--this is apparently much less harmful than chemo. It would be great if I had one of those, but we will see.

Since I work in this hospital, I had/have access to some pretty bright folks, whom I called on to ask for recommendations for the very best docs. I managed to get those docs, so I am confident that they will do good work. The surgeon I had was an outstanding one, it just so happened that as he cut out the wedge of my lung, there was a trace of cancer left along the cut. So, my job now is to heal and stay in decent shape.

THANKS FOR ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT.
    Recon1342, oneshot and QKShooter like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Still on my DC list...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Recon1342's Avatar
    Keep fighting the good fight, Chaplain Scott! Our Heavenly Father is the only one who knows what is in store for each of us, and the best we can do is soldier on until He calls us home... Till then, fight like a cornered wildcat! You are in my family's thoughts and prayers.

Please let us know when they determine the subtype!
    The only acceptable long-term outcome is to find a cure. It's an actual solution, requiring forward-thinking efforts.

Until then, we're just arguing about who's heartlessly pushing who off of a cliff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links