For the fathers and the mothers out there....

This is a discussion on For the fathers and the mothers out there.... within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I found this Video the other day, and it was linked to me on Facebook, and I wanted to share it with everyone. Those who ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 5 Post By Taurahe
  • 3 Post By oneshot
  • 1 Post By BugDude
  • 2 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By BigJon10125

Thread: For the fathers and the mothers out there....

For the fathers and the mothers out there....

I found this Video the other day, and it was linked to me on Facebook, and I wanted to share it with everyone. Those who have kids will understand.....

I do not have kids of my own, nor can I have any. I do however have the most adorable god son and god daughter possible. My Godson was born 9 weeks early. withing minutes of his birth, he was fighting for his life. He was unable to breathe on his own, and was fading quickly. duet o bad weather, he was unable to be life flighted to the local childrens hospital near where I live, and instead was raced 90 miles in an ambulance. They were able to stabilize him enough on the way that he had a fighting chance. He was immediately placed on life support in the event of a major problem recurring. Over the next several days he slowly grew weaker, his vitals dropped and the doctors could only shake theier heads. Being 9 weeks early, he was born with a form of pneumonia that no one, not even his doctors, anicipated, and their was not much they could do. We prayed, we begged god to not take him. I openly offered to trade my life for my godsons, and I still would. After a week, he slowly began to turn around. The doctors told us to prepare for the worst, that lack of oxygen may have caused permanent damage, that he might never talk, and if he did his speach would be poor. They said he would have a difficult time learning to walk, or potty train, or ride bike...that he may never drive a car......

38 days later, my godson went home. It was the longest 38 days of my life. It will be three years this spring, and good luck stopping my godson from doing anything he wants to do. At less than three years old, he drives the lawn tractor ( with help), literally runs out of his shoes, wrestles with his big sis, never stops talking and asking questions, only wears diapers to bed, rides his big wheel like a pro, and generally makes me wish I was his age again lol. The future still has yet to be seen, but he has beaten every mile stone we were told he would never make.

This video brought me to tears. I want to share it with everyone, someone may need a good pick me up, someone may need hope. Its all here. The parents out there will appreciate it for the sake of the message within.

Yahoo Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    My wifes sister worked with a guy(prior to her changing job locations) who was born so premie(He fit in the nurses hand){Yes his whole body} and he grew up to be some 6ft. 6 230 lb. giant.
    The Good lord and sweet baby Jesus know what they are doing, or so it would seem.

This little gem was given to my family when, in 1976 my 13 year old brother was taken much too young from our world.
    This can go either way on the spectrum of things.

The Weaving

My life is but a weaving
    Between my God and me;
    I may not choose the colors,
    He knows what they should be;
    For He can view the pattern
    Upon the upper side,
    While I can see it only
    On this, the under side.

Sometimes He weaveth sorrow,
    Which seemeth strange to me;
    But I will trust His judgement,
    And work on faithfully;
    'Tis He who fills the shuttle,
    He knows just what is best;
    So I shall weave in earnest
    And leave with Him the rest.

At last, when life is ended,
    With Him I shall abide,
    Then I may view the pattern
    Upon the upper side;
    Then I shall know the reason
    Why pain with joy entwined,
    Was woven in the fabric
    Of life that God designed.
    gatorbait51, Jeanlouise and dV8r like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

My son was 6 weeks premature. Barely weighed 5 pounds and lost down to 4 lb 10 oz when we left the hospital. Fortunately, his lungs were fully formed and the only thing was he was small and we had to put him under the French Fry light in the hospital and then keep him wrapped up good at home. I had to learn how to force feed him the high powered miracle grow formula and we had to feed him every hour. Had to track his intake and weight on a spreadsheet. It wasn't long before he caught up and then surpassed the growth charts. He is now 5 and is a hoss of a kid. He looked like he should be in school when he was 3. Looks like a linebacker now.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Thank you for that very touching and beautiful video, and for others for sharing their wonder stories.

My twins were born 3 1/2 weeks early, fully formed but VERY skinny! We were so incredibly fortunate.D1 series Chris and Jeff 1960 sharing crib.jpg

That was over 50 years ago.
    Jeanlouise and dV8r like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

VIP Member
    Miracles, every precious one of them.
    dV8r likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Nothing has made me feel so wonderfully insignificant as being a father. I understand completely and would die 1000 times to protect mine. It is a gift. And to see so many screw it up is disheartening. Good on you Taurahe for being a loving Godfather to that boy!
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Links