Ipad Help for an autisum app. for my son

This is a discussion on Ipad Help for an autisum app. for my son within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We are having a problem with a app. Called "One Voice" for our son . I am asking any computer people out here for what ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Ipad Help for an autisum app. for my son

VIP Member

We are having a problem with a app. Called "One Voice" for our son . I am asking any computer people out here for what problem my exist on the app . The Ipad seems to work fine on the wifi setting .

The app we were able to download again at the Apple store today . I spent approx. one hour customizing the app. for my son and stopped and took a break for an hr. and when i got back to it , it is crashing again . And it will not allow me to access the site again . Because of the Holiday weekend i cannot get ahold of the provider of the app.

So what can i expect or look for to kinda understand the problem and how to inform the app people on Monday ??? This app. was 199.00 and is important for my son to talk with others . Thank You in Advance .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

VIP Member
    If it is working fine on Wifi, your connection when it is not on Wifi might just be too slow or intermittent to run the app if it's huge, and so it crashes. Also, is your iPad system software up to date and the app is compatible with it? What did the other reviewers say about the app - were they also having problems?
    welder516 likes this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

The Ipad is about the worst tablet one could buy especially for what sounds like highly interactive app usage. When you contact the maker on Monday, just explain to them all the problems your having and they should be able to either resolve the issue for you or I'd imagine issue a refund. I've never had this problem with an app before, sorry, I wish could be of more help.
    welder516 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    I am not real computer savy , but Apple said that the tablet was upgraded ( by my son's work program he goes to for 3 days a week ) And it is possible now the program is not able to keep up or compatable with the upgrades .

This Ipad has worked perfectly for approx 11 months . We bought the Ipad last Christmas for our son . And the "One Voice" app. my son does good with .
    Everything on the Ipad works great but this App.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    When you reinstall an app on the iPad the first thing you should do is a hard reset. So press the power and button until it wants to shut down, shut it down, start it back up. This will fix many of the problems by forcing the app to reload its settings. This would also most likely help with the cellular setting by resetting the ones in the app.

Good luck.
    welder516 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    The Ipad is about the worst tablet one could buy especially for what sounds like highly interactive app usage.
    Not sure where you get this idea. What are you basing this on?

The IPad is okay as an assistive device, but it is no replacement for regular therapy with a Speech and Language Pathologist.
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home. Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor. RSO. Travelin' Man.

VIP Member
    Zebool , My son has spent approx. 21 years in some sort of therapy at age 2 he was trached and the Dr's believe the part of brain used for speech is one of the parts that is messed up . So my son uses this device to talk to other people as me and the wife understand his sign language . My son is now 33 yrs. old.
    ZeBool likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    1775 Thomas Paine

Did the restart work?
    welder516 likes this.

VIP Member
    OutWest , I tried shutting main power down and the app Says it is "Open" and will not download again and it won't allow me to enter the site . For sure i would say it is a App. problem cause everything else works on the Ipad .
    Member of the NRA
    1775 Thomas Paine

Double click the button, you will get the app scroll at the bottom of the page. Swipe until you find the app. Once you do select it, it will bring up the app preview, you can force close it from there.
    welder516 likes this.

I'm sending you a hammer,I find it resolves a lot of computer problems. LOL
    Seriously hope you get it figured out
    welder516 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    I have no idea how to help you or what advice to give but, I hope that things eventually work out for you and your Son and that the problem (whatever it might be) gets resolved.
    welder516 likes this.

VIP Member
    OutWest , Thank You what you told me has the site running again .
    Member of the NRA
    1775 Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    Zebool , My son has spent approx. 21 years in some sort of therapy at age 2 he was trached and the Dr's believe the part of brain used for speech is one of the parts that is messed up . So my son uses this device to talk to other people as me and the wife understand his sign language . My son is now 33 yrs. old.
    Ah okay. It should be noted that what I said was in no way a criticism. I've just run into a lot of people who are pushed to rely solely on AD to "fix" their children.
    welder516 likes this.
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home. Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor. RSO. Travelin' Man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links