Lost my buddy...

Lost my buddy...

This is a discussion on Lost my buddy... within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Some here may know, I have (had) a GSD and border collie mix. His name was Bo.. After 15 years I had to put him ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Lost my buddy...

Lost my buddy...

Some here may know, I have (had) a GSD and border collie mix. His name was Bo.. After 15 years I had to put him down. His hips were so bad that during the final day, he could not stand. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. We had been thru a lot together so the hurt is deep. Here is a pick with Baby girl...He past about 3 months ago...

Camera(16).jpg

On to the next chapter. I could never replace a buddy like Bo, those that have had to put their buddies down understand this. The wife and I were at the local petco and came across a husky border collie mix pup. Well a 9 month old pup..Her name Is Jinx short for Hijinx. She is a stinker to say the least. We went thru a week process to adopt Jinx, she was abused at her prior home and was taken from the owners by animal control. We are going into our third week with her, and to be honest it has been fun. She is to dam smart for her own good. You cannot tell by the pic, but she has sky blue eyes, my cell camera is not that good...Both my wife and I along with the kids are happy to have the new addition to our family......

IMG_20131227_133856.jpg
    Eagleks and Jeanlouise like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Sorry for your loss. And congrats on your new family member.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Sorry for your loss but glad you are taking the steps needed and for adopting a pet thats needs you as much as you need her .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

VIP Member
    Sorry for your loss. We really get attached to them and it can hurt. But you saved one as a result. Sounds like Jinx has won the doggy lottery!
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

VIP Member
    Sorry for the loss. They make us better in all ways.

Congratulations on the newest member of your family.

VIP Member
    Buddy, I've been where you are more times than I care to think of and feel your pain.

May Jinx help you through the healing process and may you find some solace in the following..................

The Rainbow Bridge
    oneshot likes this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

I am so glad that you went the route of adopting a rescue animal. One thing that gets my dander up is abuse to animals and kids.

GeorgiaCarry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org Life Member
    Defender of the 2nd Amendment
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Guy I've been there enjoy the new family member and be patient with her.

VIP Member
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers
    tdave likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    ... a 9 month old pup..Her name Is Jinx short for Hijinx. She is a stinker to say the least. We went thru a week process to adopt Jinx, she was abused at her prior home and was taken from the owners by animal control. We are going into our third week with her ...

IMG_20131227_133856.jpg
    Jinx looks totally rapt and alert, there. Eyes that don't miss a thing, I'd say. With your prior background with border collie types, you know what the routine is for keeping her interested and tasked. Ought to be great fun, particularly if she's takin' to the new digs like a duck on water.

Sorry to hear about Bo. It's never easy to help a friend along the last road. Have had to do that before, like most folks. Bo will be waiting for all of you, once you catch up.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sorry for your loss..Maybe the other can ease the pain a little anyway. Some people don't understand how just attached you can get to them.I have a lab and she is cool and one of my best friends.

Sorry to hear it, Harry. Very glad to hear you picked up a new friend to help, though.

Prayers for you to recover from such a loss. I have been there too many times. It just seems wrong that dogs have such shorter lives than we do.

I now have a Rott/Shep I got from a Navy dog handler... he flunked 'basic' (most do). He was a day away from 'the pound' when I found him. The military has their dogs bred in Germany & the combo is no accident, purebreds have too many health issues.
    He is DEFINITELY the wife's dog/protector... thats fine. But, he is 13 yrs old now... don't like to think about that.

I had a terrier just walk into my garage one day during a storm. Long story: Couldn't find owners, dog isn't yappy, has zero bad behaviors, cute as a button.... that was 9 years ago & he was no puppy... 'He decided' he is my dog.

Nuts, both are perfectly behaved & trained, but are in their teens. We even have a Cockatiel that was found half frozen on the lawn 11 years ago.
    ALL CASTAWAYS.

When the dogs go, we will find other Mutt castaways. I have never been without at least one dog, for long. Our last 2 dogs passed at 14 & 17. Dang it hurts.
    Only "Idiots" would 'go through it again. And again....
    FLcracker likes this.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Administrator
    those that have had to put their buddies down understand this.

That would be me and others here also so we know exactly what you are going through.

It sure is one of the toughest things.

My condolences.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Sorry for your loss Harry.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links