Funny situation today.

Funny situation today.

This is a discussion on Funny situation today. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I thought this was kinda funny. I get up every morning, put on my pants and put on my gun. This may sound corny, but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar

Funny situation today.

I thought this was kinda funny.

I get up every morning, put on my pants and put on my gun.

This may sound corny, but a few weeks ago I was watching the food network and someone was making homemade marsh mallows. I told my wife that this looked like fun and I would like to give it a go. After all she has been baking cookies for 3 weeks solid getting ready for Xmas. It was my turn to play in the kitchen. Time to see if I could come up with another dish that was all mine. Sure you can buy mallows, but where is the fun in that?

So anyway, I have made the mallows and I am sitting there with the kids dipping and drizzling them with chocolate. I get up and my gun clunks against the chair. I immediately think "I am sitting here making candy treats with the kids while packing a gun". "What am I, some kind of RAMBO Martha Stuart?"

The good news that the whole thing came out well. Everyone stayed safe and we did not have anyone bust through the door and interrupt our sugary party. If they had though... I would have been ready for them. It may have been difficult to draw with sticky powder sugar coated hands.

The mallows turned out great, definitely a holiday treat. They were fun to make and the kids had a blast. I'm sure the guys at work will eat them up as will the neighbors.
    Attached Images
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Now I'm just curious . . . how do you make your own marshmallows? Does it involve an air compressor? 'Cause I'm all about better power tools in the kitchen. . .

Really . . . who needs Pampered Chef when you have Porter-Cable?

Now those look really tasty!!!

I didn't even think you could make Marshmallows at home.

I bet you cut them into squares with a miter saw, huh?

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    I have had thoughts like those as well, but then trouble usually comes when you least expect it. Then there are those times when something shakes me up and I am glad of the decisions I have made.

Weapon retention wouldn't have been much of a problem though. Those sticky hands and fingers would have been like stippling.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar

Who needs a gun

When you have kids hopped up on suger,

Kids, that bad guy coming through the screen door is after the rest of your treats.

Problem solved,

To the point of the post,

Yeah, been there, done that too.

Now how about that recipe
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Administrator
    Those Sure DO look good!

Funny! My Wife got invited to a neighborhood Christmas cookie bake...She had to bake 5 dozen cookies & then all who attended (w/ their own 5 doz cookies) would trade cookies and cookie recipes.

My wife does not usually "go in" for that sort of Cutsie sort of thing but, she decided to participate in this one.

The name of the cookies that she baked were honestly called "Death By Chocolate" They are super RICH Chocolate cookies with a Chocolate glaze ~ super saturated chocolate cookies with pecans...intended for TRUE Chocolate lovers!

We did not think that that particular name was too appropriate for Christmas Cookies so we decided to change the name.

Then my wife really started having reservations about going to this cookie bake because she found out that they were going to be held every holiday & my wife is just too busy to be constantly baking cookies.

She asked me to try & figure out how she could get out of going to all of these "future" cookie bakes.

Since she still had 3/4 of a bag of Powdered Sugar remaining...I jokingly told her to to dump all of the remaining Powdered Suger on her cookies and rename them:

Carol's Homeland Security Mysterious White Powder Cookies.

That should work!

Here is the look that she gave me ~~~>

Of course we finally settled on the name:

Carol's Crunchy Covered In Chocolate Christmas Cookies.

They sure were good...I ate about 10 of them.

Distinguished Member Array mavrik46's Avatar
    Are you still bouncing off the walls? Sounds like my kind of cookie

VIP Member
    My wife makes what she calls "munchkin muffins" and the things are unbelievable. They have devil's fook cake mix, instant chocolate pudding, and chocolate chips in them. They are cooked in a mini-muffin pan. The first time I had them was before we were married and I waxed eloquent trying to both express my admiration for her and her chocolate treat. Her maiden name was Mackin and so I renamed the muffins "The marvelous, multi-talented Miss Mackin's magnificent mini-munchkin muffins."

When I get 4 or 5 and put them on a little paper plate and heat them in the microwave until the chocolate chips melt and then bite into one I remember why I named them what I did. I've made myself start to drool. Just call me Pavlov's dog.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post

The name of the cookies that she baked were honestly called "Death By Chocolate" They are super RICH Chocolate cookies with a Chocolate glaze ~ super saturated chocolate cookies with pecans...intended for TRUE Chocolate lovers!

Of course we finally settled on the name:

Carol's Crunchy Covered In Chocolate Christmas Cookies.
    Care to share the receipe? Even thou this is a, ah, non cookie site?

Please please please.............

Guns In The Kitchen?

You're sounding like a regular 'Betty Packer'...er, Crocker!

At least you were spending time with the kids...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I thought they were gonna be pistol-shaped!
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Ok, here's the recipe.

Here's a link to the site with the recipe.

http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/marshmallows.htm

I took a whole plate of mallows to the office today and they didn't last long. My fellow moochers... I mean employees... scarfed them up in no time flat.

If you guys are up for some fun in the kitchen, I would strongly recommend making some mallows. They are easy to make and the cleanup is easy too.

Couple of tips though...

First of all this stuff is sticky... I mean real sticky... you have no idea how sticky.

You will want to get a can of PAM or some other oil spray. Do not get the butter flavored stuff. Now spray everything with it before you start. Spray the foil in the pan, spray the mixing bowl before you add anything to it. Spray the beaters, spray the knife before you cut the mallows. Also make sure that you coat the top of the mallows with powdered sugar before removing them from the foil. Cover with a light coat of powdered sugar and then flip them upside down onto a powdered surface.

I cannot stress enough how sticky these things are before they are coated in sugar. I made the mistake of not coating the top in PS and dumped the whole thing onto waxed paper. Yes it sticks to waxed paper too. I knew instantly that I had made a mistake and the kids laughed at me. 30 mins later I had the mallows peeled and scraped up.

Also, the directions say to mix on high for 15 mins. The mallows start to get thick and sticky very quickly. My wife has a really nice mixer, but the motor did not have the gumph to push the load and the fail safe kicked in with a clunk.

Man, I thought I was dead. I have gone off and broken my wifes mixer. Boy I am glad that I carry a gun. Anyway, it was not broken, but the mixing was done and the vanilla had not been added. Can you say test batch? I would recommend adding the vanilla after the all the sugar has been added. Watch your mixer carefully... do not blow it up.

I added the chocolate myself. Just melt down some Hershey bars.

If you figure out how to cut these into shapes let me know. I guess you could use a metal cookie cutter, but they are awfully sticky.

I love doing things like this with the kids. They are my life and the reason I carry. I love nothing more than to spend time with them. It is easy to work too much and to get your priorities mixed up.

If you aren't spending enough quality time with your family, please make some change in your life. They / you will not be here forever.

After all, when the game is over what is REALLY important?

Let me know how your mallows turn out.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Well here's what happens when wife is baking cookies, I'm bored so get out the digital cam, add a little work with PhotoDraw, and here you go...

Looking good Jimmy. How about sending some of those chocolate cookies my way?

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links