What goes around comes around

This is a discussion on What goes around comes around within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; For those of us that engaged in unusual professions and actions. I was doing some free fall work and invited my Father to come watch. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: What goes around comes around

Distinguished Member

For those of us that engaged in unusual professions and actions. I was doing some free fall work and invited my Father to come watch. He not only refused he said I hope your son takes up a profession that causes you constant worry. I rode a Government research vessel and sent him some information about a job we were doing because he was a Navy hard Hat diver and we were doing some mixed gas work. He told me don't send anymore information it worries your Mother.

My Son is a Detective and on a SWAT team and just sent me some information on a sniper shoot where he was the spotter. I guess the old mans words are ringing true. He passed 6 years ago and I am sure he is watching with a smile on his face.

Just a little information from an aging Father who will get the chance to pass this curse on to my son he has a boy and a girl.

Bill

VIP Member
    Pay back we all sound like our Dad's after while .
    Pinot and Aceoky like this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

As time goes on we start to sound like them and one day we look down and their hands are coming out of our sleeves.
    Sister, Hopyard, BugDude and 8 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Our middle son is getting his pay back! He has a 3 year old girl that is in constant motion from sun up till sundown! she makes e smile every time Im around them. And she wears us all out! DR
    OldVet likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Whole lot of truth on this here thread

Now when people tell me I am just like my now passed Mom's Mom and/or get told all the time I am just like my Momma I beam with pride. (only get told I'm like Deddy when I screw up stuff or doing practical jokes on some poor soul).

Those of us that have good relationships with our parents are so blessed and it's a lot more rare than we would like to believe. Taking discipline away for a parent to scold a child takes a lot of the respect away and is interfering with the parent-child healthy bond. So many rights are being taken away and our lives are changing. I'm glad I'm getting older, beats the alternative anyway.
    welder516, tdave, molleur and 8 others like this.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

My son is 5, and based on all of the stories I have heard my parents and older sisters tell about me at that age, I'm getting mine back in spades. I tell my parents about some of his hijinks and they just laugh and say, "We know all about it!!!"
    Greghan likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

It's the one curse that always works: may you have children just like you.

sent using CPIP (see RFC 1149)
    Aceoky and deaconswife like this.

You don't know love and worry until you have kids of your own. Then it all sinks in and you realize what your parents were saying all along. I've got three kids, 8 - 11 - 15, with my son sandwiched between my two daughters. Got my hands full and love every second.
    BugDude, manolito and Aceoky like this.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    The stuff they say about what comes around, goes around is very true. Wish I would have thought about it more when I was younger. Tell your son to stay safe out there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Quote Originally Posted by Greghan View Post
    You don't know love and worry until you have kids of your own. Then it all sinks in and you realize what your parents were saying all along. I've got three kids, 8 - 11 - 15, with my son sandwiched between my two daughters. Got my hands full and love every second.
    Amen. Once I had kids I suddenly felt the need to call my parents and apologize for all of the stuff I put them through when I was a teenager. It suddenly didn't seem so "cool" anymore. I was an idiot.
    Greghan likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Being a truck driver, If my mother heard about a huge truck accident in Missouri on Headline News (her favorite channel) she'd call and check on me (I live in Texas). Parents are like that.
    Greghan, BugDude, Sister and 2 others like this.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Just a little information from an aging Father who will get the chance to pass this curse on to my son he has a boy and a girl.
    I'm sure every generation gives its parents "ulcers." Part of the deal.

Bless 'em all ... the "cursing" included.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; January 17th, 2014 at 12:36 AM.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    My Son is a Detective and on a SWAT team
    I hope it's not all worry all the time for you . If it were me saying the above, there would be some serious pride happening there too.
    manolito likes this.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

VIP Member
    It goes two ways..............good, caring parents beget good, caring kids who beget .........

Cat Stevens - Cat's in the cradle - YouTube

And parents who "aren't" beget their same type offspring also!

Back to theme of OP -- My mother delighted in telling me I was being paid back ...............fair 'nuff
    manolito and Aceoky like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Distinguished Member
    Shooter Granny

Thanks for the song it brought back a lot of memories.

Funny how the roles reverse. I find a lot of comfort in hearing I am not the only one going through this. Funny my imaginary friends can comfort me and correct me and support me and I never met a one of you.

Thanks
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links