Recognition

Recognition

This is a discussion on Recognition within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My wife has been with the same privately owned company since freshman year of college (24 years). The company is 100 years old this year. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Recognition

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"

Recognition

My wife has been with the same privately owned company since freshman year of college (24 years). The company is 100 years old this year.

After she graduated with a degree in accounting and was still working in the accounting/receivables department she was working under a CFO who was a total pig. I won't go into how he treated her, but it was very poorly and he was fond of publicly embarrassing her.

One day he made the one millionth lewd comment and she had enough. She told him what he was, where he could go, and what he could do with himself once he got there. She went immediately to the Owner/CEO, told him she had been terribly insubordinate, she couldn't work there anymore, and that she was resigning. The CEO accepted her resignation and told her to wait in his office.

He walked down the hall, fired the CFO on the spot, made him collect his things right there, and told him never to come back. He then returned to his office and offered her the job of CFO. That was 15+ years ago.

Since then they've grown allot, have plants across the US and Europe, and employ a great many people across their divisions.

It's a private company, and they fly under the radar. They're very low key, hardly ever give press releases, and don't talk to the press generally. Last year she was given the title of VP of the whole shooting match, but they didn't announce it publically, and I only talked about it with close friends. We both work hard, but my business requires a much higher profile, and I get press several times a year. I can honestly say that I don't really like it, and would rather not be known, but it's necessary.

Today she's on the cover of our business paper. It's a long story how the reporter ferreted everything out, but since it was going to press anyway they agreed to let them/her do a cover. I have always been proud of her accomplishments, and especially the enormous, well earned, and complete trust the owner's family places in her, but it is really nice to see her get some public recognition that she so richly deserves and wasn't seeking. The owner has gushed over her since I first met him, and treats her like another daughter. He is a saintly man.

Getting public recognition has never mattered to her at all, but yet it matters. It's nice that more people than just the ones in our small circle of friends knows how hard she works and what a good job she does. She is the most sane woman I have ever met (still insane of course, but the most sane ). I'm pretty pleased today, and thought I'd share it.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Give her a congrats from us..Well done...
    RickyD and Black Knight like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    That's really cool. Glad she got the recognition that she truely deserves. And good for telling that jerk where to go.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

VIP Member

Thumbs up

'Another congrats from me.

Awesome story. Tell her "good work."
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

VIP Member
    Kudo's to the Jaeger Family
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Congrats from me too! Glad she is getting the recognition that she deserves.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member
    Recognition well deserved is rarely found anymore. Congratulations!
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Great story! Well deserved congratulations to your wife and thanks to you for sharing.

That's great! Congratulations to her.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Kudos to a real stand up person, we need more like her and throw in a few males then top all that off with a CEO that knows right from wrong.
    WannabeaCPA likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    A little praise or recognition can go a very long way. She deserves all the best.

Distinguished Member
    It doesn't matter who it's from recognition is important. Now a whole lot of people know what she's done. You have every right to be proud. She sounds like a remarkable woman.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    What a great story! My compliments to you both.

That's awesome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links