Need Help Finding A Runaway Photos / Info Please Look

This is a discussion on Need Help Finding A Runaway Photos / Info Please Look within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A member of a motorcycle forum I belong to is asking for help finding his daughter. I got his permission to copy his post there ...

Thread: Need Help Finding A Runaway Photos / Info Please Look

Need Help Finding A Runaway Photos / Info Please Look

A member of a motorcycle forum I belong to is asking for help finding his daughter. I got his permission to copy his post there and ask anyone who can to keep an eye out.
    Moderators: I wasn't sure where to post this, hope this is OK.

As many of you know my daughter has been missing since 12/21/06
    We have info that she is in the Fort Worth area with her boyfriend. I know this is a long shot but please look at her picture and keep your eyes open for her. We are frantic with worry because no one has had any contact with her since Saturday 12/23. She has not logged on to her myspace account or her email account since then and her cell found hasn't been used since then. Like I said this is a million in one chance but I am desperate.

Her name is Whitney Leigh Fletcher, she is 16 years old. Reported to be with an 18 year old male, Christopher(Chris) Allen Jung. I did a reverse search on a phone number and came up with address of 6101 Westridge Lane, Fort Worth, Texas 76116. I have been told this is a seedy part of town. I don't have an apartment #. The Fort Worth police are just sitting on this and doing nothing, which is very frustrating. There is a possibility they have left that area. If you could print these pics (right click , copy, then save as) and pass them around to family, friends, and coworkers it would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Hope someone finds her , pronto.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

If your friend can afford it, I suggest that he hire a PI in the Fort Worth area.

Just in case, make sure she has a National Crime Information Center (NCIC) Missing Person File (so if a LEO checks her ID, or lack of one, the LEO gets a hit or "warrant" - the child goes home, the abductor to jail). Also, I didn't find her on NCMEC's database, you might want to check into that (link):

www.missingkids.com

Go over to the links titled "Resources for: Parents and Guardians", "Topics of Focus: If your child is missing" and "Just in Case...Runaway", read the info they have. The NCMEC recomends that after you have reported your child missing to law enforcement, to go ahead and call the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children on their toll-free telephone number, 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678).
    Last edited by cagueits; December 31st, 2006 at 06:56 PM.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Any way to get an Amber Alert issued???

Do we have a picture of the boyfriend? Does the boyfriend have a car? Make, model, color, plate number?

ALSO.... Get the media involved. If the police don't care or are sitting on their hands, tell the news media. As shallow as it sounds, they need filler material. I hate to bully a burdened group like the PD, but this is serious ****. Newspapers, local TV stations, and don't stop there. Go to the national media.

A friend of mine went missing about a year ago. She was kidnapped from her college campus. The campus PD, totally incapable of dealing with that, bungled everything so the girl's mother went to the media. She even went to CNN and they picked-up her story really fast. Once that happened, the state police got involved.... followed by some assistance from the FBI.

That's about the scariest thing I can imagine. Hope and prayers abound.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

On the media issue, you might want to combine that with talking to your local elected reps (city council, state house, etc). If they don't help you out, just point out that you'll let the media know about their lack of interest. Who knows, they might get into the case just to cover their 6'/get public recognition (all you care about is that the girl is found).

Administrator

Well, we have a lot of members all over the U.S.A. who are very aware of what goes on around them.

Hopefully...somebody will spot her and she will end up back home and safe.

I put a "Sticky" on your thread and moved it over to Bob Ford's Place.

Possibly you can do a Fund Raiser & get up enough funds to hire a top~notch Private Investigator.
    That would be the best bet to locate her.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Thanks for the sticky
    The family has released a flyer with more info
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    He could contact John Walsh at America's Most Wanted. They do this all the time. Hope they are able to help. Hope everything works out for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by SixBravo View Post
    Any way to get an Amber Alert issued???

Do we have a picture of the boyfriend? Does the boyfriend have a car? Make, model, color, plate number?

ALSO.... Get the media involved. If the police don't care or are sitting on their hands, tell the news media. As shallow as it sounds, they need filler material. I hate to bully a burdened group like the PD, but this is serious ****. Newspapers, local TV stations, and don't stop there. Go to the national media.

A friend of mine went missing about a year ago. She was kidnapped from her college campus. The campus PD, totally incapable of dealing with that, bungled everything so the girl's mother went to the media. She even went to CNN and they picked-up her story really fast. Once that happened, the state police got involved.... followed by some assistance from the FBI.

That's about the scariest thing I can imagine. Hope and prayers abound.
    For VCU that's nothing new (bungling that is). This is assuming we're on the same page which I suspect. Buy the book if you haven't already:
    http://www.harpercollins.com/books/9...ore/index.aspx

Should've got this update posted earlier: They located her in Ft. Worth yesterday, she's OK and the family is now setting out to resolves some issues. The family would like to thank everyone for their prayers and concern.

Links