Back in the land of the big "BX"

This is a discussion on Back in the land of the big "BX" within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, I am am back home (actually have been since Dec 3), and enjoying every minute of it. We have been on the go since ...

Thread: Back in the land of the big "BX"

Back in the land of the big "BX"

Well, I am am back home (actually have been since Dec 3), and enjoying every minute of it. We have been on the go since I returned from my year in Korea, as a matter of fact, this is the only weekend we have been home. Our cruise was awesome. Not the best cruise we have been on, but being with my family made up for it. We went went on the Carnival 'Inspiration" out of Tampa this time. We have cruised on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean before and enjoyed them much more. The crew on the Inspiration lacked the enthusiasm we have experienced on our other cruises. We think it might be because the tips are automatically charged to your account on Carnival, so the crew know what they are getting already and don't have to work so hard to impress you. We had fun, but would probably not cruise on Carnival again.
    I purchased my S&W M&P a few days after I returned home, but have not had time to shoot it yet, as we have been gone. I also got my CCW permit in the mail and it should be here soon. I was having trouble deciding on a holster, because all I usually wear is T-shirts and shorts. I finally ordered the Smart Carry because it looked like it would work for me. It arrived within a few days, and when I saw it I wasn't to sure about it but after trying it I really like it. With my M&P an an extra clip, I hardly feel it. The only noticeable indication that I am wearing it is a small bulge just below my belt where the butt of the handle protrudes, but is usually covered by my shirt. I have been wearing it around the house, because I don't have my CCW yet, and my wife or kids have not even noticed yet. I can sit on the couch or lay on the floor and it is very comfortable. I wouldn't win any speed contests, but it is also fairly quick to draw. I guess I will find out how much I like it when I start wearing it out more when my CCW comes.
    That's my update. It's good to be back in the US, and the Forum.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the Congress is in session."
    Mark Twain
    S&W M&P 40

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Glad that you returned safe and sound.

Was single my whole career(22+) so being away from family wasn't a concern,but could tell it really mattered to my "brothers".

Was over your way just the other day hunting Eglin. Went in from the Hwy.87 side and came out the Hwy.85 side. Jay's was open so dropped in. He is retired AF and will give a good discount to you if you let them know that. He has the best selection of weapons around. No hunting clothes or turkey calls,but if you want gunz,they got 'em. They're downtown Crestview,check 'em out (w/o wife).

Again,glad you'r back and hope you can stay awhile. -----

glad you're back. maybe we'll run across each other, probably at jays.

VIP Member
    First Christmas and New Years back in the U.S. in a year? That's cool....again welcome back Mike.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Welcome home, MeGook! Now you've got to learn not to squat, burp, pass gas and eat with sticks (LOL) I think you will really like your SC. I carry with mine 16 to 18 hrs every day, and with few exceptions, it by far the most comfortable and functional holster I have ever had. With practice your draw will be as quick as with any other holster, and this includes sitting in a car. Welcome home. [former operator of Radio Kilroy]
    God Bless the USA

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Welcome home and thank you.
    Now take a big long deep breath and relax.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Welcome back and thank you for your service.

Smartcarry is a great hot weather carry option and great around the house option when you are not wearing a belt.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Links