Dear Employee at the Range...

This is a discussion on Dear Employee at the Range... within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Dear Employee at the Range, Today I was shooting, and you came over and talked to me and showed me a few things and gave ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Dear Employee at the Range...

Dear Employee at the Range,

Today I was shooting, and you came over and talked to me and showed me a few things and gave me some pointers.

I focused on what you taught me, and my shooting improved very noticeably. You helped me.

Unfortunately, by the time I finished shooting, you had gone home for the day. Another guy who was working there saw me looking around, and asked if he could help me. I said I was looking for you, and he told me you had just left. So I made him look at my "before" and "after" targets, and I explained that you were responsible for that improvement, and that I wanted to show you and thank you and tell you that you had made a difference. He told me he was happy to hear that, because he's your boss. I hope he heaps praise on you and gives you a bonus.

But, on the off chance that you're here, too, I wanted to thank you.

Sincerely,
    The Lady in Lane 8

To anyone else reading this: DFW Gun Range. I like them, and I recommend them.
    Badey, welder516, Arete and 42 others like this.

VIP Member
    Very nice comments , i'm sure you will return to the range and you will get a chance to say Thank You on your next visit .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Its nice to hear good things about range employees for a change! I hope he is on here and sees this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    I good story for once. I like that. I am glad you had such a good experience. What pointers did he give you, it may help others here?
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion ,Sig Sauer M11-A1 TB, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, FN Five SeveN 5.7, Glock 30 Gen 3
    Glock 26 Gen 4

Semper Fi USMC 0341/8152 2003-2007
    Army National Guard 11C 2009-2014

I'm a very new shooter, so I doubt the pointers would help too many people here. He helped me with my grip (much more stable) and taught me to squeeze the trigger with just my finger and not my whole hand and wrist, if that makes sense (in medicalese, isolating the proximal and distal interphalangeal joints on my finger, instead using of my whole hand), which made me stop shooting low and to the left. The results were pretty dramatic.

And I'll bet he walked past seven guys who needed just as much help just to get to the lady in lane 8, lol.

Good post. It's nice to appreciate the little things one does for someone.

VIP Member
    Giving credit where credit is due.

Nicely done Gimme_Coffee.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Very nice. It's amazing how many folks don't realize how much it means to an employee to be recognized -- even with a simple thank you. Telling the guy's boss was a stroke of luck.

No no, you want the "Missed Connections" section on your local Craigslist website.

FJG
    Go to dfwgun.com, click "contact us" and leave him a message and perhaps a pic of you accomplishment. E-mail, it's a wonderful thing.

Been there several times myself. The new DFW Gun Range is a very nice indoor range.
    Also impressed with the employees and their fees are very reasonable.

You know that Tuesday night is ladies night, ladies shoot free

Great post!

Senior Member Array Christopher67's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm66 View Post
    Great post!

I agree.
    Gimme_Coffee and gatorbait51 like this.

Sweet.
    Gimme_Coffee and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimme_Coffee View Post
    I'm a very new shooter, so I doubt the pointers would help too many people here. He helped me with my grip (much more stable) and taught me to squeeze the trigger with just my finger and not my whole hand and wrist, if that makes sense (in medicalese, isolating the proximal and distal interphalangeal joints on my finger, instead using of my whole hand), which made me stop shooting low and to the left. The results were pretty dramatic.
    A lot of new shooters tend to grip the gun tighter as they squeeze the trigger with their ;In Redneckese "Booger HooK" one way to help that is thru dry firing annd gripping the gun while squeezing the trigger without having to worry about recoil
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links