Malaysia Airliner Shot Down

This is a discussion on Malaysia Airliner Shot Down within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Even though this isn't DC-related, Off-topic and Humor didn't seem like the place to put it: Ukraine: 295 on Malaysia plane shot down | The ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Malaysia Airliner Shot Down

VIP Member

Even though this isn't DC-related, Off-topic and Humor didn't seem like the place to put it:
    Ukraine: 295 on Malaysia plane shot down | The Marion Star | marionstar.com
    gatorbait51 and CIBMike like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    First reports indicate a potential shoot down. Some photos allegedly of the wreckage indicate massive disintegration well before impact with the ground.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

VIP Member
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

VIP Member
    I heard that 23 Americans were on board. How sad for them and their families, as well as all the others.

Related, and gun related as well, I was mildly offended yesterday by the posts by folks complaining that new sanctions
    against Russia would deprive some of us of Kalashnikovs in the future, or that the price would go sky high. My opinion is
    that is a small inconvenience in support of a national policy designed to hopefully reign in a growing aggression by Putin.
    It ranks up there with giving up Cuban cigars, and isn't gun control, but a patriotic inconvenience.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I heard that 23 Americans were on board. How sad for them and their families, as well as all the others.

Related, and gun related as well, I was mildly offended yesterday by the posts by folks complaining that new sanctions
    against Russia would deprive some of us of Kalashnikovs in the future, or that the price would go sky high. My opinion is
    that is a small inconvenience in support of a national policy designed to hopefully reign in a growing aggression by Putin.
    It ranks up there with giving up Cuban cigars, and isn't gun control, but a patriotic inconvenience.
    Im one of those not happy with obama, his executive orders, or him banning any weapons. He said immediately after sandy hook how there was much (as regards gun control), that he could do by exec order.

I suspect that the GDP of russia will hardly be impacted by a ban on the 2nd most popular military style rifle in The USA. But, obama gets points with his base, gets to hack off (some), gun owners, and pretends to do something, when in reality, his options are about nil.
    kukla and maxwell97 like this.

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Well....there is a war going on over there, not really the safest place to be flying a plane right now.

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar

Is there anything this clown could do that would tee you off?
    Whip12, OD* and CCIE33560 like this.

Distinguished Member
    Sad day for all the innocent souls lost today.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement
    NRA Member

If the sanctions were part of an EFFECTIVE foreign policy, no problem. As part of the wheezing abomination that is our ACTUAL foreign policy, it's just sad. I can imagine the Washington pukes high-fiving each other over poking the gun lobby in the eye, seeing the whole crisis as nothing but another factor to exploit in their political games.
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

— Captain Bellamy

VIP Member
    Horrible.

I bet Obama doesn't have a clue as to how to rein in this mess; and maybe he isn't interested in doing it anyway.

We need Ronald Reagan back.
    Whip12, BurgerBoy, RickyD and 4 others like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

I got a bad feeling about this......really bad.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Evidently it was shot down by accident...mistaken for a Cargo plane.

It's completely outrageous that Obama went to TWO big fundraisers today after he found out about the plane being shot down. The world is in flames on almost every front, yet Obama continues to dither.

What a mess, Russia has gotten so out of control.

Not to mention that Israel has started a ground war in Gaza. I support them 100% but too bad it ever go to this point.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    Euronews had unedited footage at the crash site. Not pretty by any means.

Aside from remains, there was a couple of structural pieces and a small cabin section or two, the engine cores, and the gear. That's all I recognized from a B-777
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

go to LiveLeak.com - Redefining the Media for crash site footage ONLY if you have a strong stomach. Very gruesome footage of the crash site.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Horrible.

I bet Obama doesn't have a clue as to how to rein in this mess; and maybe he isn't interested in doing it anyway.

We need Ronald Reagan back.
    Wow, it took only 10 posts to get Obama involved in this. And if this was Reagen he would most likely find some small island nation to invade.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links