Central Florida people

Central Florida people

This is a discussion on Central Florida people within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Everybody OK? Anybody need anything? Lock and Load and make up the looting signs. AFS...

Thread: Central Florida people

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar

Central Florida people

Everybody OK?
    Anybody need anything?
    Lock and Load and make up the looting signs.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Senior Moderator
    Here's the latest from the Orlando Sentinel:

LAKE COUNTY

-Fourteen confirmed deaths in Lake County. Eleven deaths were reported in Paisley and three in Lady Lake.

-Lake County Emergency Management officials today are looking for people with heavy equipment as well as heavy-equipment operators and anyone else who is willing to help with recovery efforts in Lady Lake and the Paisley area after this morning's devastating storm. Anyone willing to volunteer is asked to call at 352-343-9412.

-Check for other updates at www.lakecountyfl.gov/

Lady Lake: Lady Lake Church of God on U.S. Highway 441 was leveled by the storm. Its steeple was toppled but is still recognizable amid the rubble. Some homes were tossed from their foundations, while others had their roofs ripped off.

-The Villages: Between 300 and 500 homes in The Villages of Sumter County, including The Villages of Mallory Square, The Villages of Sabal Chase, The Villages of Poinciana and The Villages of Carolina to name a few, have sustained moderate to significant damage. Three dozen people were taken to area hospitals by Lake Sumter EMS, though none of those injuries were fatal.

-Leesburg, DeLand: More than 20,000 customers were without power in the swath between Marion and Volusia counties, including the cities of Leesburg and DeLand, said Progress Energy spokesperson Cherie Jacobs.

-So far, Lake Sumter EMS has transported about three dozen citizens with injuries for treatment to local hospitals, but no one has reported fatalities in this area.

VOLUSIA COUNTY

-The Hontoon Island area has been declared an area of "complete devastation" by officials. Significant damage is reported at the island's historic home and at nearby Bott's Landing.

-There are reports of damage in the areas of Hawthorne Hills, Lake Beresford and Hontoon Island. According to Progress Energy, there are four transmission lines out in Deltona. There are 5,300 customers without power.

-Several buildings at the Volusia County Fairgrounds on State Road 44 sustained serious damage.

-Deltona: Deltona Lakes Elementary is closed due to a power outage. A maintenance worker there was shocked this morning and suffered critical injuries. A second person also was injured at the school, but injuries are unknown.

-DeLand: Daytona Beach Community College's DeLand campus has building damage and excessive debris. Other campuses are open.

-DeLand: DeLand Middle School sustained some damage to its main building and portables.

-DeLand:: A shopping center on Woodland Boulevard, which houses the county's health department, a sheriff's substation and other social service agencies, had windows and doors blown out and significant water damage.

-DeLand, Leesburg: More than 20,000 customers were without power in the swath between Marion and Volusia counties, including the cities of Leesburg and DeLand, said Progress Energy spokesperson Cherie Jacobs.

-DeLand: Tornadoes and severe weather caused wrecks on Interstate 4 near State Road 44 in DeLand involving five tractor trailers and two vehicles. Three people were taken to the hospital.

-New Smyrna Beach: Damage to homes reported in the city near U.S. 1. 69 homes in Turnbull Estates and Islesboro have been damaged. Reports of some roofs being blown off some homes. Residents wishing to re-enter the affected areas of Islesboro and Turnbull Estates must present identification to law enforcement officers that shows their local address. Residents without identification, such as a drivers license or utility bill, will not be allowed back into the area.

-Orange City: Wind damage reported along U.S. 17-92 in Orange City, with billboards down and cars damaged.

SEMINOLE COUNTY

-No major damage reported. If Seminole County residents experienced damage from the storm, they are asked to call 311 or 407-665-0311 to report it.

ORANGE

-No Major damage reported.

POLK

-No Major damage reported. Tornado warning has been lifted.

OSCEOLA

-No Major damage reported.
    Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Assistant Administrator
    News reports are most concerning and hoping that everyone is OK. The South in general has had some very rough conditions of late.

Do report in as and when you can with any news.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

OK here, no troubles. It all went north of us. Our guys at work are out on a 1500 foot tower collapse though.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Mighty HD

We had a down pour and lots of lightening in the Lee Road area at about 4:30 amSome of the guys I used to work with say Lady Lake is a real mess. It's a miracle that more people were not killed. I hope that FEMA helps this time.

My friend in Palm Bay heard a lot of wind and some heavy rain, but that was about the size of it.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

The storm woke me up so I've been up since about 2:30am but there wasn't any damage here in Maitland.

I heard that the Red Cross needs cash more than anything else at the moment. I'll send some cash and donate blood ASAP.

http://www.floridasbloodcenters.org/

http://www.redcross.org/

I don't think looting will be an issue in the area where this happened.

Central FL is pretty laid back. (ie. not big city folk.) IMHO, looting is a big city phenomenon in most cases.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Just Lots Of Wind and Rain Here...

I was awakened during the night by the wind and rain, but no damage here...

The loss of so many lives just a little south is a very sad note!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Jeez man..I heard about this last night talking to a friend....I hope all of ya'll living east of me are ok!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Links