Got an email from Tom357

This is a discussion on Got an email from Tom357 within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Those of you who have been members her for a while will recognize the name Tom357 and know about his condition. For our newer members ...

Thread: Got an email from Tom357

VIP Member

Thumbs up Got an email from Tom357

Those of you who have been members her for a while will recognize the name Tom357 and know about his condition. For our newer members I recommend that you look at the following threads for some background. Possible donor... , Shooting again!, surgery Friday....

Tom has not been real active on CombatCarry for the past several months and I decided to drop him a line to see how he was getting along. Today I got and email back from him letting me know that he out for six weeks from hernia surgery and has spent the last month trying to catch up at work. His kidney disease has caused him to slow down a good bit, but he is still able to do some shooting.

He mentioned that there is a move to move people in his age group (over 45) on the kidney transplant list to a secondary list and only keep those younger on the primary list. So he has spent a good bit of his time working with others who oppose this move.

Tom is still in need of a kidney. I would like to urge those of us who have two good kidneys to consider being tested as a donor. Tom said the following about this subject:
    Kidneys from living donors perform better than cadaver kidneys, last twice as long on average, with a lower risk of rejection, and my insurance pays all medical costs for the donor.
    If you read one of Tom's posts you will notice that his signature block says: You have the power to donate life. The link in it takes you to the Donate Life America website. Please consider the possibility of being a donor.

Tom says he will try to be on more often and I am going to leave further details about his condition and need to him. I hope that we will hear from him soon.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Thanks for sharing all of this George.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    glad to hear he can still do the things needed to have a decent quality of life...

Links