WoW 1st house

WoW 1st house

This is a discussion on WoW 1st house within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well I guess I have been in the middle of buying a house and my wife and I finally found one. It has been a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WoW 1st house

WoW 1st house

Well I guess I have been in the middle of buying a house and my wife and I finally found one. It has been a long proccess and let me tell you I am looking to stay in this house for a long time.

My wife and I are 22 yrs old and we have a 14 month old and this is are 1st home purchase. It was very cool in the beging but now that it is close to the end and I am starting to see what the bills look like, it is starting to scare me a bit. I know that I have to work hard and I know that I will stay on top of everything but it is scary jumping from mom and dad's house into a house payment. None the less I have started a life with my family and I am so very happy and lucky to do so at a young age. I guess I am writing becasue like Rhome said being on here as much as I am, it feels like a 2nd family. Thank you for reading and have a good day.

PS: For all of those that are waiting for pics of the horizontal mag pouch, I am sorry. I have real busy. I promise I will try to have them up this week. Thanks and sorry.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Congratulations! Keep going don't stop at buying one. Buy two or three and make them rentals. It's the only way to make abuck these days. You are young enough to get started. We bought our foirst at your age and then bought some rentals make it pay your way.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Owning your first house is nice hope ya have good neighbors

in the start the bills are little rough but once you get into a rhythm youll be ok bought my first house in 2000 i think it was maybe 2001 im ready to move on even though i have made a lot of improvements

Congratulations! Ya'll enjoy it!

Administrator
    I bought my first house at 21... it is a little scary at first, but you'll get it down. Oh yeah, Congrats!
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Congrats on the house. It is a little (OK, lot) daunting at first, but once you get in and start fixing it up the way you like without getting a landlord's permission, it is really nice.

The biggest piece of advice I would give (not that you asked for it) is to try setting aside a little money each month designated strictly for "home repairs". That way it won't hurt so bad when something goes out and you have to replace it right away.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Assistant Administrator
    It sure is quite an event! Most pleased for you.

To show my age, I recall my first house (not rented) back in 1973!!! For sure, one of the early realizations was - ''heck - this is spendy''!!

But ..... the plusses do and should outweigh the fiscal apparent minusses and you now have your castle. Nurture it and your family and, protect it well.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Congrats...Just Remember...

When you get started, it will seem like a lot of bills, costs, problems, etc., but after you have been at it for a few years...it will only be lots of bills, costs, and problems, ect....

Enjoy...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Dont be afraid to get your hands dirty and do as much as possible yourself. Thats the only way you'll learn how to be a good homeowner, and it will save you a bundle too. Just be sure to know when your in over your head, then call in a pro.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Congrats on the home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It gets better and its best to pay for you that for some one else!
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Distinguished Member Array mavrik46's Avatar
    Congrats and enjoy.

Congrats! Enjoy it, and like others said...get your own hands dirty. Not only will you learn a lot, but you'll save yourself a fortune in labor costs (ever seen a plumbing bill?).

Lol - at least you didn't buy your first home in Northern VA! I bought mine here about 2 years ago now. Talk about over-priced! Granted I don't have to worry about a wife and baby.

No worries though. Keep your head screwed on straight and you'll do ok. Congrats again! Owning a house rocks...especially on tax return day!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Congtats!!! There is nothing as satisfying as owning your own home. Also a darn good investment. My daughter and her husband recently bought their first home, and they purchased a home warranty policy. It's already paid for itself. Again congrats, and I hope you all enjoy it.

DC Founder
    Congratulations on the new house! And don't sweat the nervousness, I expect most of us were like that on our first house. After buying eight or nine it's sorta like buying a new shirt or something.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Administrator

Thumbs up

Ditto all above.
    Congratulations on your brand new home.
    You bought a house at a good time.
    I hope that you'll share many milestone moments and happy occasions there.
    You'll do just fine with it all.
    It's part of living the American dream.
    Join the club of never running out of something to do.

Remember that we have a lot of folks here that are quite wise on doing home projects and repairs and that sort of thing so don't be afraid to ask questions before you start that big project.
    You'll get some good tips and helpful hints here.
    <~~~~~
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links