Update on wife and a litte venting (long)

This is a discussion on Update on wife and a litte venting (long) within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Baby Hulk I also pray that no bitterness will develop regarding those in the church. You're dealing with too much right now ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update on wife and a litte venting (long)

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Hulk View Post
    I also pray that no bitterness will develop regarding those in the church. You're dealing with too much right now than to have to deal with Satan dropping some bitterness and resentment in there to add to your trials and tribulations.
    I will second that. Just when the world is falling all around you he will be there trying to fill your mind with lies and deceit.

But remember that God is with you and your family and he will provide for you and your wife. Pray daily for your wife, for patience, for guidance in how to be there for her, and to be able to accept His will for you and your wife. It is a beautiful thing that He (not you!) has choosen your wife for you! These trials will ultimately strenghten you and your wife. It is awesome that you have the fortitude to stick with you wife.....many don't take the vows so seriously. If the shoe was on the other foot you know that she would be there with you every step of the way. We are behind you guys and even though we don't "know" each other, know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; April 1st, 2007 at 10:52 PM.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

2. Remove Ads

We have been married going on 53 years (May) and we finish each others sentences. It is not pleasant to think about either of us having to go but we know it will happen. Hang in there EL Crusir and our prayers are with you.
    Sambo74
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Can we help?
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

You and your wife are in my prayers as well. Stay strong with God

Don't be too hard on friends and family... many people simply don't know how to behave around people who don't fit their idea of 'normal'. Talk to them. Make sure they know that she can see, hear, and understand as well as anyone they've ever met, she simply can't speak at the moment.

Stay by her side, just as you would wish her to do if your positions were reversed.

The Lord has purpose for each of us. May He bless and comfort you in your time of trouble.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

eLCruiser - please keep the faith. A higher power may not necessarily send you christians to support you and your wife. The higher power will send you people who can support you, regardless of their church affiliation. Search out and cling onto those who will support you and your wife.

My thoughts are with both of you, your wife and you. Even though you are focused on your wife, you also need the strength to support her. Do not pass up any opportunity for your batteries to be re-charged. Your strength is paramount in supporting your wife. Bless you.

My thoughts and wishes are with you.

Senior Moderator
    I'll pray for her. Doctors keep telling my mother she has MS.. Thankfully she's had no "symptoms" other than the spots they see on her MRIs. Everyday is a blessing with her.

God Bless you for your faithfulness and commitment to you wife in this time. You're an inspiration and the personification of "for better or for worse, in sickness and in health."

I'll pray for the both of you and your friends, as well. In this part of the country we request 'card showers' for people. It's done for all sorts of things like anniversaries, birthdays, those in the hospital, and those homebound. The request can and does come from whom ever wants to post it. Please don't be too tough on your friends. There are a lot of people just not tough enough. Don't think that the regrets of not won't haunt and shame them for a long time. They ain't got the steel.

the art on tht page is amazing. it looks like a real picture and the colors are great. please keep in mind that all of ur hard work will pay off. i have learned a great deal about stayin strong for your loved one because my grandfather has been doing it ever since i was young. i have learned that being next to a loved one whn needed most no matter what the situation is makes them fell 100% better. you are a true and strong man and may the lord bless you and ur family.
    God Bless
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Hang in there!
    People are weird and unpredictable.
    My son is going to college to work with special needs folks. I proudly tell people and you would be amazed how often I hear of the lack of pay. I told him that his needs will be met one way or another.
    He is talented in sports and I'm salting away funds to start up a summer camp for him to run for these kids. I am always amazed by the character this young man exhibits.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by A1C Lickey View Post
    Can we help?
    Thanks a lot but not much to do but ride out the storm. Drop by for some coffee if you're in the neighborhood!

Appreciate everyones support and prayers. Nice to know there's a few good folks around.

Thanks again..........
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

You're both in my thoughts. Hang in there, and tell her ya love her - a lot.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    El Please tell your sweet bride that we on this board love her , and we all will do what we can to help YOU support her as well as your self . Thanks for the update , and ill keep lighting candles for her . Hang in there both of you , its not easy but its worth it .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links