A Marine and his wife need some hope.

This is a discussion on A Marine and his wife need some hope. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This will take a little history. A very close friend of mine and Marine wife was due to have her and her husband's first child ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Marine and his wife need some hope.

Senior Moderator

A Marine and his wife need some hope.

This will take a little history.

A very close friend of mine and Marine wife was due to have her and her husband's first child this year. He was also deploying to Iraq around the same time so it because a race for time to have the baby before he left. The doctor presiding over her care refused to induce her because inducing her so that the father could see the baby before he left was a "social" reason and they did not induce for social reasons, only medical ones.

He left for Iraq and she had a baby girl the next day.

The baby was born healthy and everything seemed to be wonderful (except for the fact that the Dad wasn't there for the birth).

But inexplicably, only 12 hours after the birth, the baby stopped breathing. Because the baby was a healthy little girl she was left relatively unmonitored and was without oxygen for too long. She was revived but completely unresponsive.

The Red Cross managed to get an emergency message to the Dad's command and he was allowed to come home to his wife and baby.

However, despite what they did, the tests indicated that even if the baby became strong enough to breathe on her own, the brain-damage she suffered would leave her in a vegetative state for the rest of her presumably short life. She had no control over her own body and without constant care she would eventually drown in her own saliva as she could not even swallow. The family was given the option of taking her off life support, which they did, and within a few hours the baby passed away.

After awhile they decided to send her husband back to Iraq.

Not only is my friend going through so much pain, but her husband is in a war zone with the weight of his daughter's death and his wife's instability on his conscience. Who knows what that could do to his alertness and effectiveness on the battlefield?

The two of them need all the prayers they can get and a little hint to God that the Marine Corps allow him to come home again would probably be a good thing as well.
    Last edited by limatunes; April 16th, 2007 at 08:50 PM.

2. Remove Ads

wow wow wow i just got gose bumps all over my body. i have a 15 month old daughter and i couldnt even imagin loosing her or even to be without her. WOW well please let them knw that they are in our family prayers tonight. i hope that she gets better and that he comes home. God bless to all. WoW
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Lead Moderator
    Are your friends working this through an agency like the Red Cross? Unless things have changed since I was in the military that is usually the quickest way to get results.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    That's a tough situation, Limatunes...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Just lifted them in prayer and have added them to my prayer list.
    For those who understand, no explanation is necessary.
    For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible.

John

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Our prayers are on the way.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Are your friends working this through an agency like the Red Cross? Unless things have changed since I was in the military that is usually the quickest way to get results.
    They did that for when the baby was sick. The news I hear comes either through emails from her or from a good mutual friend of ours (another Marine wife) who's stationed near her.

I'm sure that both her parents and his have been trying very hard to do all they can. Her parents live just up the coast and have tried to be there for her.

I'm honestly very surprised they redeployed him only a month after his daughter's death.
    Last edited by limatunes; April 16th, 2007 at 08:56 PM.

Sent.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I'm honestly very surprised they redeployed him only a month after his daughter's death and less than a month since his wife attempted suicide.
    Sadly, I'm not.

If she was released (military hospital?) they probably gave her a clean bill of health, with maybe a couple of follow-up visits to a Psych professional of some type. That leaves "Hubby" free for deployment again!

Sometimes the military is great, other times it can be the most uncaring organization around. This is one of the bad situations, I hope something works out for them in a timely manner.
    Last edited by rstickle; April 4th, 2007 at 10:38 PM.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Praying for your friends. That breaks my heart.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Administrator
    Tragic Story.
    Hoping that they can somehow manage through it all.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Lead Moderator
    tough to be in the service , especially with a family. Hope it gets better for the family.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Hope the service will let this guy come home. He dosen't need to be over there with this on his mind. He will be in our prayers.

Distinguished Member
    I have passed this to a senior Marine that is still active duty.

Mitchell A. Jaurena
    LtCol USMC (ret)
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Definitely in my prayers. What a tragic story! Pray for a happy ending.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links