Thanks to everybody in CC.C

This is a discussion on Thanks to everybody in CC.C within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; No, I ain't going anywhere. But I do want to thank everybody for just participating in this board during the last couple of days. When ...

Thread: Thanks to everybody in CC.C

VIP Member

Thanks to everybody in CC.C

No, I ain't going anywhere. But I do want to thank everybody for just participating in this board during the last couple of days.
    When I saw the events a V-Tech I was shocked, furious and frustrated. I was glued to my TV for hours (not the best way to spend the day off.) and getting angrier by the minute.
    I came here and found a meeting of the minds. People also angry and frustrated sharing info, ideas, guesses and resolution. We mourned for the dead, offered our prayers and became ready to the incoming attacks from those who seek us to be disarmed.

My wife defines me as the official "Does not play well with others" guy and it is true. I had nobody close I could discuss the events the way I was able in here and for that I thank you all. And I do want to give a to Betty for her "Finish This Story" thread, she did help all of us release ourselves out of the dark mood of the day. She is a great Den Mother!

Again everybody in CC.C Thanks!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

The same goes for me.
    thanks guys and Betty.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Senior Moderator
    This place is my home when I'm not home.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Senior Moderator
    It's sad to say, I've got more friends here than in my 'other' world.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Administrator
    CC is a good escape for me too. I have a lot odd working hours so its tough to keep up with my "real" friends.
    "Just blame Sixto"

It's nice to have others validate your thinking, and sometimes call you on it when your off base. Only those of a like mind, whose opinions you respect, can set you sraight, because they are the people whose opinions you respect.

I have come to respect the opinions and mitigating standards of many who post here.

Thx.
    Take care
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

CC thanks to you all I get to take my mind of the world and learm from a lot of good guys!
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Ditto to all above! Thanks, friends! Miggy - methinks you play fine with others! Betty - you're a good story teller!

I know I'm relatively new around here, but I too have really appreciated some rational folks. My real world friends sit on both sides of the battle line, but few are advocates for either side.

You've made me feel welcome and have taught me plenty. And yes, like Miggy, this was my best support network that day.

Thanks to you all, Miggy right at the top of the list.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Assistant Administrator
    Well said Miggy.

Very true - I think many of us have some good friends here and as we are all about on same page it does help in crises to have this meeting of minds.

Yes too - Betty bless her - she did find a great way to add some levity in an otherwise rather grim atmosphere.

It is the membership that makes CC - long may y'all enjoy and keep coming. It is what Bumper had in mind and it works.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    I've stopped visiting the other fora to which I have belonged on firearms issues...there is no point.

Hey, Miggy, we must be similar. Somewhere in storage I've got kindergarten and first grade report cards that say I didn't play well with other children. I take it as a compliment!

But yeah, this can be a pretty good place.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

+1 Miggy!!!

I've been down in paradise (Hilton Head, SC) since the Sunday prior to the V-Tech tragedy and have been away from this forum for the past week. I'm finally getting my feet wet again.

I greive for the victim's and their families, BUT I'm also incensed (sp) not only at the evil in this world but at the toothless beaurocrats (sp) who want to take away our 2A rights due to the VT shooter.

I'm filled with hope that USA TODAY and the local Hilton Head Island paper published opinion letters that were 2A positive from those like-minded who carry as we do.

Sorry for the rant. I knew that I'd miss much lively debate and discussion this past week and am now just getting caught up on it.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Links