Grad School

Grad School

This is a discussion on Grad School within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ok so I figured I would post this, it is a bit discouraging but I am not to worried about it. I recieved the letter ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grad School

me [OP]

Grad School

Ok so I figured I would post this, it is a bit discouraging but I am not to worried about it. I recieved the letter I have been waiting for now for the last month, a letter from the only Seminary I had applied to. It was a rejection letter, which I can not say is unexpected. I am glad to have gotten this as it takes away the waiting to hear and trying to plan for next year. I will finish my under grad course work in Youth ministry next Friday and will immediatly take an internship at my home church (during which I will be ordained) which will shortly there after move into more of an interum position in July.

I am not worried about not getting into this seminary as I know that God will place me where I am to be. I will be applying to some others and starting to look for where I am called to be for the next however long.

I just figured I would let you all share in my life and in the relief of hearing about this change in my life. This will take me back to PA where I can carry more and out of TN where I would not have been able to carry on the seminary campus (legally).
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Assistant Administrator
    I am not overly religious Mark but I do strongly feel (however we individually define it) that there is a ''course'' or purpose set out for us - not always what we might feel we were planning but nonetheless intended by grand design.

It has to be better now to have at least come to terms with the rejection and so move on with positive thinking. Sounds very much as tho your path ahead is quite clear Best of luck.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Mark, I was rejected by the first one I applied to. My wife and I prayed and looked at two more. The we determined if we were going to apply to both or just one. We both believed God want us to apply to one and we both believed it was the same one. I applied, was accepted, and finished my MDiv and ThD there. I have never regretted that God knew better than I did where I should be.

You hang in there and God will make a way for you to go to the seminary he wants you to.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Sounds like you are taking it well. Take a break from school for a little while, another opportunity will open. I know personally the thought of more school right now is repulsive, although I am sure I will go back for more advanced degrees.

Enjoy being home, enjoy not having to wait and worry about the response any more, everything will fall into place as it should. And congrats on pretty much completeing college (I'm at that step too, cool, aint it?)
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

me [OP]
    Definatly is cool! I can not wait to et that paper in my hand but sure would like to wait to get the bills.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

I sorta gave up on my Christian background a few years ago.

But you have the right mindset and are going about this whole thing in the right manner I believe.

Things in life (good or bad) happen for a reason. Its great that you know that and it sounds like you are the right man for the job in which you are seeking.

I wish you well!
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    God wouldn't let a door close that you were meant to go through. Keep your chin up and see where it takes you.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

me [OP]
    UPDATE:

I GOT IN TO MY SECOND CHOICE GRAD SCHOOL!!!!

I had my admissions interview today and even though I was told it was a few days from interview to accepted I was accepted on the spot. I am VERY HAPPY
    Mark

-James Earl Jones

Senior Moderator
    Good to hear

Congrats
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Congrats, Mark!q

That IS great news.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Mark, don't keep me in suspense, what seminary is it?
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Great news. I loved grad school. it was the best year of school I ever had. I hope you time there is the same.

me [OP]
    Trinity Episcopal School of Ministry
    Mark

-James Earl Jones

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    Trinity Episcopal School of Ministry
    Is that the one near Pittsburgh? Seems to me I have heard the name before.
    George

May I be one of the last here...to say 'congrats' on the grad school acceptance...I'm sure you will do well...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links