I lost my mom this week.....

This is a discussion on I lost my mom this week..... within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just wanted you guys here at defensive carry to know my wounderful mother Elaine lost her battle with cancer on monday may 21st,she was ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I lost my mom this week.....

I lost my mom this week.....

I just wanted you guys here at defensive carry to know my wounderful mother Elaine lost her battle with cancer on monday may 21st,she was 65 years old. She fought a long courageous and painful battle for 3 years and though all the ups and downs me and my brothers and sister never left her side. Through all the chemo treaments and horrible side effects of those treatments and the disease itself we took care of her.

My mother was a wonderful woman and mother,she worked 2 and sometimes 3 jobs to raise us often sacrificing things for herslef so we could have what we needed or wanted. To me she was the best mother in the world who did alot of great things in her to short time on earth. I'am the man I am today becuause of her love and nutureing she raised us right. She often told me and us how proud we made her and how she lived for us kids,and I believe she did just that.

She lived almost 7 months longer than any of the doctors predicted she would,they said they had no medical expanation for this. Well I have an explanation for it My mother was a very religious person as am I and I believe that god answered her prayers for more time with us. And also in my mind my mother simply wasen't ready to leave us just yet she had a bit more to do. She wanted to see my sister's sixteenth birthday party,and to spend another thanksgiving,christmas,easter and mothers day with us. She also made it to her 65th birthday on april 10th and was in pretty good shape for it she even ate a piece of her birthday cake. Its funny my mom told us she was ready to go just four days before she passed away,and I just think she was tired and her body was tired from all the pain and suffering that cancer gave her.

In the end cancer took my beautiful mother's life but it coulden't take her spirit or her beautiful smile,I can still see that smile along with her beautiful face when I close my eyes and through it all she never lost her sence of humor. I'll never forget my mother or the lessons or values she instilled in me I feel like her body is gone but shes still alive in me and her spirit in always with me. We got more time with her then any of us thought and said the things we needed to say to each other,thats alot more then other's get with loved ones sometimes. And also thank you George for listening and being there for me though this very difficult time and god bless you all.
    Last edited by 1911luver; May 24th, 2007 at 04:44 PM.

2. Remove Ads

May she rest in peace, keep your chin up.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Senior Moderator
    I'm sorry for your loss.

You wrote a beautiful eulogy for her, here. I'm sure she'd be very proud.

VIP Member
    Joe, you already know that you have my condolences and prayers, but I want to take another opportunity to tell you. I will especially be remembering you and your family this Saturday morning at the time of the service.

Call me if you need to talk.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    John 14:16

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever...."

My mother passed from this life on 1 Dec 2005. I still catch myself starting to call her and then realize it's not possible..... I do know that God is faithful to His Word.

I pray that you will allow the "Prince of Peace" to be with you during this time of loss.

God is Love
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Lost my dad in 1980. I lost my mom to cancer in 1998. I was holding her hand when she crossed that doorway into Glory. You'll see her again. In the meantime, I offer prayers that the Lord hold you in his arms and you experience the "peace that surpasses all understanding." Just remember, the loss of your parents is never something you "get over." You merely grow used to it.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    I was holding her hand when she crossed that doorway into Glory.
    Go ahead right there, I just about ready to shout.....
    How true are the words: "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" (1 Cor 15:55)
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Assistant Administrator
    Joe - glad you posted and thank you for a lovely eulogy, as lima so aptly commented.

I feel you pain as I expect do many of us - I lost my Dad in 1997 and my Mom four years ago. I try my best to celebrate their lives and feel thankful for all they did for me in my earlier days but of course, there is a gap in my life that nothing could possibly fill - and that is perhaps the hardest part to come to terms with. That said - their spirit lives on as will your Mom's.

We do not so much get used to it at all - we just adapt and try and move on. May she be at peace and now free from suffering - my heartfelt condolences to you and your family. I pray for the strength you need.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I lost my father to that horrible disease over 25 years ago. I am so sorry for your loss. Your mother sounds like a wonderful person, but remember...she lives in you and your family's hearts and minds. Take care and may peace be with you and yours.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

1943 - 2009
    Please accept my condolences, my friend.

I lost my Dad to cancer 6 years ago.

Best wishes to you and yours.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Sincere Condolences

She sounds like a wonderful person. God bless and comfort you and your family. When the love is great the loss is most felt. You can find happiness in knowing there is a lot of love in your family. Not all "families" have that these days... too few as a matter of fact.
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

sorry for your loss :(

Man I could have written that post, down to my mother's first name. Seeing her go through that was the hardest thing I've ever experienced. The helplessness was the worst, my inability to do anything about it. The last time I visited her, she was not all there, talking about things that happened a long time ago. I hugged her, looked her in the eye and told her I loved her. She seemed to come around for a minute and said she loved me too. She died a couple of days later.

That was 8 years ago and it still hurts.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Lost my father many years ago and despite a rocky relationship it was still not easy.

Sounds like your mom knew where she was going and is now free from pain and in a far better place where you'll meet again. My prayers to you and family for comfort these days.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Sorry for your loss, we never really know what we have until we no longer have it. Remember the good times, they should comfort you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links