Something for my mom

This is a discussion on Something for my mom within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was wanting to know who here would be interested in joining the fight against cancer with me? As most all of you here know ...

Thread: Something for my mom

Something for my mom

I was wanting to know who here would be interested in joining the fight against cancer with me? As most all of you here know I lost my mom(my mother's name was Elaine Rossi) to cancer a week ago this past monday,and she had asked me to start a donation drive to the american cancer socitey in her name to help others fighting and suffering from this awful disease. I know my mother would have loved this and the courage I'am showing in this difficult time. If anyone here is interested in making a donation to the american cancer society on behalf of my mom,or even one of your own loved ones who've been taken away or touched by this disease.,simply follow the link included in this thread and go from there. Thanks to all of you again in advance for your support.

https://www.cancer.org/docroot/DON/D...Online_Now.asp

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Good idea - I have a close by neighbor who went thru all this and has come out the other side for now - she is organizing this kinda thing so - it's kinda local.

Good cause to support
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thumbs up Good Cause...

My wife and I have made continued donations to local 'cancer walks'...both here in Florida and also in Michigan...

Both sides of our family have individuals who have survived and those who have died from cancer...continued donations are for all of them...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Lead Moderator
    Great idea. Also volunteer work, Relay for Life and other money raising programs all help as well.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

DC Founder
    My brother died of cancer this past summer, my mother in law just beat a form of lymphoma that had no known survivors before her and I just got my 5 year checkup with no recurrance, which officially makes me "cured". The donations they receive does make a difference in research and resulting survival rates. We also give to the American Cancer Society every year, but will make an additional donation. It is money well spent, IMO....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Further to the comments above it is my opinion that cancer is becoming so insidiously pervasive that everyone will either lose a family member or close friend to it.
    Not that it lessens the impact when it becomes more common, far from it, early passing is never, ever palatable.

You have highlighted something that affects us all unfortunately.

We need to control and eradicate this, either by prevention or cure.

Yes, there are gaps in my family due to this.

Links