My Absence

My Absence

This is a discussion on My Absence within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is my first post since I had the open-heart surgery (single bypass) on 5/10/07. All went well with the surgery but I am weaker ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Absence

My Absence

This is my first post since I had the open-heart surgery (single bypass) on 5/10/07. All went well with the surgery but I am weaker than I want to be. It seems it hurts to do just about anything but you just force yourself to do it. I went to the surgeon on Wednesday and he allowed me to start driving again. The only real problem I am having is an infection at the top of the incision and that is being treated with antibiotics. I hope to resume my posts on the Internet in about a week. Regards, Richard

Best wishes on a full recovery and it's great to have you back! My dad had two bypass surgeries and it was six weeks before they let him drive! Give yourself time and God Bless!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

DC Founder
    Glad to hear you're back and on the mend, Richard. Hang in there. My Mom was feeling like you are now after her bypass surgery, but all in all, she's in good shape now. Give it some time and you will be good as new.... :wink
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Assistant Administrator
    Welcome back Richard

You have some time ahead yet to have things all knitted and more comfortable but - glad and relieved the main task has been successfully achieved. Hopefully another month or two and it'll be more of a bad memory!

Do rejoin us as soon as you feel able - and take it easy - ya hear!!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Hey Richard, glad you're recovering and on the mend. Good news is you're still in good enough shape to complain about how you feel! You'll be right again soon. Hope it all heals up fast and you can be active again soon.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I havent seen you around, but I hope you continue on the up and up. I look forward to seeing you on the threads.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

Administrator
    I'm sure you'll have a full recovery and soon you will start feeling much better. Like a whole new person.
    Hurry up and get rid of that infection. That's an order!
    Happy to have you back.
    It's good recovery therapy here because you have lots of folks plugging for your swift return to good internal normalcy.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Lead Moderator
    Here's hoping for a quick and full recovery for you. Sometimes it seems like it can take forever..... Hang in there.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Hope ya have a quick and uneventful recovery. We are all doing fine here, hope ya feel lots better real soon. Take care of your self first, then worry about everything else later.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Welcome back Richard!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

VIP Member
    Welcome back, Richard. Best wishes for continued recovery. Don't push too hard, take your time. We'll leave the light on for you.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array mavrik46's Avatar
    Welcome back and prayers for a speedy recovery.

1943 - 2009
    My apologies, Richard. I just now saw this thread.

I offer my best wishes to you for a full recovery. I know how you feel. BTDT. I had quadruple by-pass surgery in 1993, I'm still going strong.

Best regards.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Hope that you continue to recover quickly!
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Welcome back Richard. Keep your chin up, you will be good as new soon. It's amazing what they can do for people now days. My Dad had quintuple bypass surgery over 10 years ago and was was there when he came out of the surgery. I couldn't believe that people could be up and walking w/in 24 hours. My Dad had a few complications and had to stay in the hospital for a week, but he came home, and had no heart problems. The one thing I will say is make sure you exercise as much as possible. Walk around the neighborhood, or buy a treadmill, but get your heart as strong as possible.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the Congress is in session."
    Mark Twain
    S&W M&P 40

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links