Radiation anyone

This is a discussion on Radiation anyone within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Went to see the Doc today he had told me no chemo or raditation but now he says he would like me to take a ...

Thread: Radiation anyone

Radiation anyone

Went to see the Doc today he had told me no chemo or raditation but now he says he would like me to take a course of raditation (About 6wks I guess) then recover all over again learn to eat, learn to talk again ect. He said its my choice and the treatment is just a backup to the surgery but as of now I fell pretty darn good I can eat, drink most stuff and am getting back to being my self again and I hate to think of going through this crap again my chances are supposed to be 50-50 of cancer coming back so I am thinking why bother. I know some of you guys have gone through this stuff so I need some feedback. I am going to the gunstore and try to clear my head (need ammo for Sat shoot)

Out for now
    Sky

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Sky - it has be a hard decision ....... based in part on how quality of life is important. The idea of offering that is mostly the insurance angle - ''bit more for luck''.

Thing is - for any one person there has to be a trade-off ..... go thru some more crap but increase the odds (maybe) or ..... stay as is and perhaps decrease the odds a fraction. So hard to know.

I feel a 2nd opinion might just help the decision-making process.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    Ask your DR. if he's ever heard of something called cyber-knife.

I have a good friend getting that type of radiation treatment, and it seems a more exacting treatment that requires less radiation, which is always a good thing.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Not sure if it mainstream, but I have heard of a treatment that uses RF and a metallic agent you ingest or are injected with, the metallic agent is attracted to cancer cells, then you are subject to RF, the RF then cooks the metal laden cancer cells...

Thanks

Thanks guys I guess while I was out today my wife got a call from the James Cancer clinic at OSU and I have an appt Monday morning I will bring up the things you mentioned and they are supposed to have a bunch of clinical trials going on that Vets can qualify for so we will see whats cooking with them on Monday. Next report is going to be from range trip tommorrow morning and the new Glock 19

Ask specifically what the recurrence rate is both with, and without an additonal round. That'll give you a better feel for what kind of improvement you can expect. Might be significant, might not be.

But look at it this way - if it goes from 50% (i.e. 50-50), to 55%, that's a 10% improvement.

Good luck!

DC Founder
    After my surgery (colon cancer) I was offered a round of chemo, not radiation. I asked the doctor about his gut feeling. He told me he was 99.9% sure, in his own mind, that he got it all. He also told me all it would take was one single cancer cell to get it fired up again. I turned down the treatment and just passed five years without a recurrance so my decision worked out. It did make me worry alot and every time I would have anything remotely close to a symptom during that five years I would wish I had made a different decision. I would ask the doctor what he would do in the same situation....

Good luck, whatever your decision!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Links